Notices

Do I Need A Tune?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2016, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I Need A Tune?

Whats up guys. So ive bought some mods for my 2010 ra.

So far i have:
Evo X Fmic and Licp and bov
Ultimate Racing Ucip
I plan on getting a Borla cat back exhaust with in a month or so. Also and AEM intake.
So my question id do i need a tune? My buddy insists i need one but im not sure. So if anyone could just let me know their thoughts. I would like if you explained why i need one instead of "yup get a tune"

Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2016, 09:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you bought these performance parts I assume you want to make power. Best way to make power is get a tune. These mods you will not see any big difference then what it feels like right now.

Will these mods damage your car without a tune? No. Will you run a little rich probably so.

If two Ralliart race side by side

1. Full bolt on untuned
2. Stock with tune

The stock ralliart will most likely get the edge or break even.
The following 2 users liked this post by insafa:
Bmfromel (Apr 25, 2016), desmvp (Apr 25, 2016)
Old Apr 25, 2016, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you change how the engine or how it exhales you should get a tune. This is because you are changing the stock configuration of the engine and how it works from stock if you put a bolt ons to the engine I would recommend a tune. This will also help how your engine performance every engine is different and even if I got one out right off the showroom floor and didn't change a thing I would still recommend getting a tune. A custom tune on a dyno will help your car run at Peak Performance.

That being said the bolt on that you have are not that dramatic if you plan on doing more mods to your car I would wait until you are either done doing your bolt ons or that you have to get a tune ie doing injectors cams Turbo or other major mods.

Last edited by desmvp; Apr 25, 2016 at 04:46 PM. Reason: more
Old Apr 26, 2016, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only part you mentioned that requires a tune is the intake. Everything else is good to go on the stock ecu. Bang for your buck, though, you should grab yourself a tactrix cable, a boost pill, and the free GST map on this forum. For about $200 or so, you'll see a 10 - 15% increase in power plus increased throttle response.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Everything you posted is fine without a tune aside from the intake. Without one you'll run lean as the AEM intake MAF housing is bigger than the stock one.