Notices

Cobb AP vs EcuFlash/OpenSource

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cobb AP vs EcuFlash/OpenSource

Hey All,

I have a 2011 Ralliart currently tuned with an APv3. I just purchased a Tactrix cable and downloaded EcuFlash and EvoScan.

I ran through some of the threads here and on another forum on setting it up but some talk about definition files and such and i'm not sure where to put them.

Also, since my ECU is currently flashed using the AP do i have to uninstall the AP in order to be able to use EcuFlash? I would like to learn how this is done rather than blindly pay a tuner to do it.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Based on your mods. If you dont know how to tune on EcuFlash you will have to pay a tuner.

There a thread with some very polished maps but is limited for some mods.

There is a guide that gives a lot information for how to tuning these cars with ecuflash. (Merling EVOX/RA tuning guide)
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhaikalis
Hey All,

I have a 2011 Ralliart currently tuned with an APv3. I just purchased a Tactrix cable and downloaded EcuFlash and EvoScan.

I ran through some of the threads here and on another forum on setting it up but some talk about definition files and such and i'm not sure where to put them.

Also, since my ECU is currently flashed using the AP do i have to uninstall the AP in order to be able to use EcuFlash? I would like to learn how this is done rather than blindly pay a tuner to do it.

To be able to flash the ecu you will need to uninstall the AP. And that reference given above is the key to it all. Really good reading / learning material.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also make sure you have the right reading and writing modules for the ECU. For instance, some mitsubishi ECUs (like my 4G eclipse and the later colts/Ralliarts I believe) need a flash module called MMCflash to do a proper read/write of the ROM with a checksum function.