Notices

Request: Navi in non-Navi lancers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Request: Navi in non-Navi lancers

What will it take to install the factory navigation? Ive wanted this for a while but the dealership wont help me (they said it was impossible) and i need pointed in the right direction.

and if i did get it, does it have full functionality as if it was from the factory?
Would installation have to be done professionally, ive installed head units but never a in dash navigation system
How much will this cost me?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anything is possible, dont listen to those idiots at mitsubishi they dont know jack.

So first of all.. you need to purchase a oem navigation either from mitsubishiparts.net ( will be expensive ) or get one off of someone on here that is selling theirs.. you can probably get one between 600-900 dollars.. Ebay they same way..

Second... For oem navigation you will need a oem double din dash kit.. ( this one runs between 300-400 dollars on mitsubishipart.net ** The dash kit includes a harness for navigation, a dash kit, a rockford fosgate sticker, and something else i forgot what it called...

***Alternate solution, you can purchase a cheaper version of metra or schoche ( Sp? ) kit that will run you between 30-50 bucks.. But the OEM navi wont fit in the slot.. So you will have to drill a bigger opening with a dremmel.. and the dash will end up looking like crap!

Third... If you take out your oem radio now, you will notice that your car is already prewired for navigation, The harness is already there. all you have to do is plug the screen in.. So when you receive your other harness in the dash kit, you can either sell it or keep it as a spare..

NO SPLICING CABLES OR WIRES AT ANY TIME..

If i would have to do this install right now it would take me 20 minutes ( swapping base cd player for navi )

TOTAL: ANYWHERE BETWEEN 1K and 1500 just a ballpark

** yes the navi will have full functions.

**Keep checking ebay i seen few on there last month
**Ask people on here with navi, if they willing to sell..

IF YOU WANT serious Radio refer to my how to on that here

BTW My friend will be selling his sirius radio module soon as he is not using it.

Last edited by Jake26; Sep 18, 2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Wow this is awesome! Ima start looking on eBay tonight!

I wil def pay the extra to make it look good.. I'll look to buy that tonight 2.

And if your friend is selling the sirius I will def take that 2!
Old Sep 19, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kbittn03
Wow this is awesome! Ima start looking on eBay tonight!

I wil def pay the extra to make it look good.. I'll look to buy that tonight 2.

And if your friend is selling the sirius I will def take that 2!

let me know when you want it i will shoot him a email so he can take it out for you..
Old Sep 19, 2009, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Also check the for sale section here their are usually a few there
Old Sep 20, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...stall-kit.html

is this the right thing? Gps antenna? Where does that go? And does that differ from the antenna im going to need for the Sirius radio?
Old Sep 20, 2009, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...stall-kit.html

is this the right thing? Gps antenna? Where does that go? And does that differ from the antenna im going to need for the Sirius radio?
Ok the antenna will be plugged into your navi OEM screen, the cable it about 10-25 inches long, it will go directly behind the radio, you can mount it on top of the radio some how or just mount it to the chassis of the car.. Dont worry, everything is color coded, Once you take your oem radio out you will see what i am talking about..

and yes the sirius radio antenna is going to be different that navi antenna.

Here you go.. just to give you an idea how it will look like

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XM-Sirius-Ra...4#ht_537wt_939

The above antenna may work as long as it will plug it to the antenna slot on the sirius module.. If you are not sure, take the module once you get it to a audio shop and tell then you need a sirius antenna for the module..
Old Sep 20, 2009, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

sorry my buddy had already sold the sirius radio module already, but look around here you will find it..
Old Sep 20, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you so much man...

So that antenna u sent me from eBay.. Where is at on ur car.. I wanna try to keep this looking as "factory" as possible.

So that guy is selling the navi the gps antenna and the kit that makes it fit.. So besides the Sirius stuff that's all I would need.. Right? 1350? About right? Sorry for all the questions lol. I just can't wait to get rid of the stock head unit!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jake26
sorry my buddy had already sold the sirius radio module already, but look around here you will find it..
no problem man.. Thanks for looking into it!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you so much man...

So that antenna u sent me from eBay.. Where is at on ur car.. I wanna try to keep this looking as "factory" as possible.

So that guy is selling the navi the gps antenna and the kit that makes it fit.. So besides the Sirius stuff that's all I would need.. Right? 1350? About right? Sorry for all the questions lol. I just can't wait to get rid of the stock head unit!
that antenna i sent you from ebay i have on my trunk just beside not below the spoiler.. The antenna is magnetic, so it will attach to any part of your chassis.

as for the other question yes that all you need! hurry and buy it b 4 someone snags it!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jake26

***Alternate solution, you can purchase a cheaper version of metra or schoche ( Sp? ) kit that will run you between 30-50 bucks.. But the OEM navi wont fit in the slot.. So you will have to drill a bigger opening with a dremmel.. and the dash will end up looking like crap!
I have a question about this. I plan on installing a touch screen monitor which would eventually hook up to a computer. If I buy the Metra or Schoche kit, is it the standard double din size? And would I need to get any other adapters or parts?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TOralliart
I have a question about this. I plan on installing a touch screen monitor which would eventually hook up to a computer. If I buy the Metra or Schoche kit, is it the standard double din size? And would I need to get any other adapters or parts?
get a lilliput touchscreen monitor then buy a byte byte double din kit, what it does is takes the lilliput monitor out of its OEM plastic casing and installs it into a double din plastic style mounting. that mounts into the OEM double din in our car, it takes some modification to get the perfect angle but it comes out great. ill have pics up of my carputer setup later this afternoon.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ter-works.html
Old Oct 20, 2009, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

What will it take to install the factory navigation? Ive wanted this for a while but the dealership wont help me (they said it was impossible) and i need pointed in the right direction.

and if i did get it, does it have full functionality as if it was from the factory?
Would installation have to be done professionally, ive installed head units but never a in dash navigation system
How much will this cost me?
search search search, just because you have a ralliart doesnt mean you cant peek into the 08+ lancer or the evo x section owners seem to forget that these cars interior and electrical and body share ALOT of parts...

heres the link

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-evo-10-a.html
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancer0220
search search search, just because you have a ralliart doesnt mean you cant peek into the 08+ lancer or the evo x section owners seem to forget that these cars interior and electrical and body share ALOT of parts...

heres the link

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-evo-10-a.html
I look at these forums through my iPhone.. And for some reason u can not use the search tool to do what u just said.. Search doesn't work unless I get on my laptop.. Whch I never do

Quick Reply: Request: Navi in non-Navi lancers