Notices

Evo x spoiler

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 04:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you pop your trunk and raise, you'll see two bolts on either side of the trunk. These hold the OEM wing on. When you remove the bolts, the wing will just pop off. There is some two sided tape underneath, but that isn't an issue. Now you'll be looking at the trunk with two empty holes on either side. To attach the SSS wing, drill out the two holes that allign with the bottom of the SSS mount. They are easy to find, you'll see two layers of metal, and immediately below the pre-drilled holes there is an obvious place to drill the hole. Drop the SSS wing on, and fasten it using only 2 bolts on either side. This will hold up just fine.

The attached pictures are of my Ralliart with the SSS wing installed.
Attached Thumbnails Evo x spoiler-sss1.jpg   Evo x spoiler-sss2.jpg  
Old Jul 8, 2010, 04:15 PM

If you order the spoiler through x-factordesign they will give you a free part to go with the car. I chose the rear diffuser that goes on the roof, but it didn't look good. Come to find out they gave me some chrome driving light surrounds too so i guess I got 2 free gifts hahahahahha.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

while everyone is on the topic of spoilers, i found this spoiler here, see what everyone else thinks of it i may buy it tho the shipping is hellacious! I do like the spoiler, i have yet to contact them to see if it will fit or if they make ones for our car or not but it does state in the title for lancers& evo's and we do have the same specs as a normal lancer. I really do like this alot and i have not heard or seen anynone yet with this spoiler.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09...Q5fAccessories
Old Sep 7, 2010, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EazilyAmuzed
If you order the spoiler through x-factordesign they will give you a free part to go with the car. I chose the rear diffuser that goes on the roof, but it didn't look good. Come to find out they gave me some chrome driving light surrounds too so i guess I got 2 free gifts hahahahahha.
It comes with 2 gifts. There are 2 CHOICES of gift packages you can choose from. One with the rear VG and chrome fog light surrounds. The other is the fog light surrounds and window visors... I personally like the look of the VG, although it's not needed
Old Sep 7, 2010, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AntiBlitz
while everyone is on the topic of spoilers, i found this spoiler here, see what everyone else thinks of it i may buy it tho the shipping is hellacious! I do like the spoiler, i have yet to contact them to see if it will fit or if they make ones for our car or not but it does state in the title for lancers& evo's and we do have the same specs as a normal lancer. I really do like this alot and i have not heard or seen anynone yet with this spoiler.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09...Q5fAccessories
Thats a spoiler on a JDM type R ... lotta ppl like this spoiler.. but they dunno its from a Honda -_-

Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:35 AM
Evolving Member

ya i saw that later on when i kept on searching around, i was like wait they refitted a honda spoiler, sneaky bastards!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

everything went wrong i removed the oem spoiler made two scratches on the trunk and then i tried installling the OEM EVO X SSS SPOILER and a piece on the bottom snaped so it basicall broke and now i have to get it fixed does anybody have any ideas on what i should do to get the bottom piece fixed????