Notices

FAST-key/remote engine start

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAST-key/remote engine start

Hi all. So here is the question. Lancer Sportback 2010 (non-Ralliart) comes with factory FAST-key or some call it Keyless-entry option. Means that you do not need any the key to unlock the door or start the engine, just have the chip in your pocket and you are ready to run. BUT here comes the point- I asked my dealer to install the security/alarm system on my Lancer, and it must be alarm system supporting remote engine start. This option they confirmed will be done at the day of Lancers purchase. I wanted this to have the car warmed up in winter time, before I enter it, and to cool down the saloon in hot summer time. The security system they purchased (as per manual) supports the electronic system of the cars model, and it also has an remote engine start option. But now my dealer is stuck, cuz they do not know how to install the remote engine option on my car due to the reason that it has this keyless entry system. Basicly, they somehow must bypass it.
Has anyone any ideas? Maby someone has this option installed? Please help with ideas.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Mitsubishi has a factory remote start setup, but it requires a second fob to control that function.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:02 PM

I have a friend that installs remote starts put one in for me on the side. I paid $325. I used a viper 2-way remote start only. A bypass wire was wrapped around the ignition cylinder and programed with the code from the key fobs to allow the car to start. Then to allow the FAST key to work a kill switch was installed. The remote start is used to start the car. I press the remote start again to unlock the car, because the FAST key doesn't work at this point. When I open the door the car a kill switch shuts off and this allows the FAST key to work. Then I just twist the knob and restart the car. Yea I have to turn the car back on but I saved $$$$ and I could care less.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

what model viper alarm did u get? mines getting installed today
Old Dec 6, 2010, 06:02 AM

Sorry mine is a Python. Same thing. It's a 4203P. 2-Way SuperCode LED Remote Start System.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:50 AM

Anyone tried using the XpressKit XK09 kit in conjunction with the Viper 5901/5902 system? The description looks like this is the best combo to use on the lancer with FAST-key.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 04:43 AM

So finaly I have the stuff running my way! The alarm installed is PANDORA DXL. The final feature was that one of two FASTKEYS they had to install in the vehicle somewhere under the dash. This way the car "finds" the chip when you want to start the engine by your alarm system. Yea, I also thought that this is error just like you probably thought now, cuz in this case sounds like the fast key is all the time in the car and anyone can open the door and drive away. But no! The funny thing is that the fast key is now operated only with your alarm system! Now in the cold morning I can star my engine from a window, whyle still drinking coffee and get my war warm. It has options with different timings aswell. When the engine is started by remote, all other car sensors are under alarm and doors/trunk locked. When you come to the car, you must use your alarm control unit to disalarm the car. And more, when you enter your vehicle, it has additional security, that whatever you do, it first shuts down the engine, due to security. Means that you can not brake a window of remote engine started vehicle, get in, and drive away- car is on full alarm! I general, I am happy now.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

How much was the Pandora?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 11:27 PM

To me it was Free of charge installed by the same Mitsubishi saloon where I bought my Lancer from. They had alarm price incloded in the cars total price in prior, but it was pretty small. As told before, they thought it was easy to install the remote engine option and they confirmed to me that if will be done, but when they got stuck, they had to order this Pandora DXL alarm (waiting for 1 months) which does support this electronic system of Lancer, as this option was confirmed to me More to that, they didn't know HOW-TO, so they where consulted by phone from the Pandora manufacturers LoL! As far as I got the costs found on net, the price for the alarm is something abou 500 buks. Depends on options! Not small money, but I pressed on the opinion: Hey guys, you promissed to me! But for shure I am more than happy for this option!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:25 AM

It is great that you got one. I love mine but I didn't have to sacrifice a key fob to get it done. Those key fobs are expensive and I didn't want to have to buy a spare.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 05:05 AM

I got 2 of them by default together with the car, so I do have a spare one... Cuz actualy I do not need it anymore.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:51 AM

wow i have been looking for the answer for the longest time...pandora dxl. also you dealer is mad cool wish the dealer that sold me my car was this cool
Old Dec 29, 2010, 06:49 PM

Wow. I just had the dealer install the oem engine starter. Completely integrated with all factory electronics. Smart key does everything it's supposed to. Starter fob has an extendible antenna giving great range. Remote starting will run for 8 minutes before dropping back to just ign. on for 1 minute. All factory alarm features function as normal. Weather locked or unlocked if you remote started and the door is opened the engine shuts down. And I have both smart key fobs, and all covered under factory warranty. 450 plus tax installed.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

that does deserve a wow! id pay $450 for someone to wake up 8 minutes before me to start my car on those early 4am, 4° work days. ill have to make an inquiry at my dealer
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

my remote start works great it's a viper 5901 i think(cant recall off the top of my head) and both keys work. the fast key and the viper pad. it works up to a 1 mile radius runs for 15 mins. once foot hits break car shuts off. greatest invention ever. it also poops my trunk n didnt have to give up a key.

Quick Reply: FAST-key/remote engine start