Notices

Streaming music over bluetooth, how?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Streaming music over bluetooth, how?

I have the 2011 Ralliart and have my phone paired with the bluetooth, which works fine. My phone (Motorola Droid X2) shows it's paired and says voice/music. How do I activate the bluetooth in car to allow the music to play and not just give me options to make a call? Also says nothing plugged into USB when I try the PLAY voice command, though the phone is already playing music.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

If you have the NAV unit, push the audio button and select bluetooth device. If you have the factory unit, push the source button I believe and you'll see a "B Connected" in the led window if it is paired correctly. Also, if you are streaming through Pandora lets say, you have to make sure the bluetooth setting is enabled in the app.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
I believe that if you keep hitting the CD/MP3 button on the base radio it toggles between CD, Aux, and Bluetooth.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by splattj
I believe that if you keep hitting the CD/MP3 button on the base radio it toggles between CD, Aux, and Bluetooth.
This is accurate. Also, in your phone's bluetooth settings, you have to make sure you have both "call audio" and "media audio" selected.

Last thing to check, the BT volume is separate from the phone volume, when connected. So, with the phone paired and playing music push whatever the volume button on your phone is to turn it all the way up.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:56 AM

No Nav on mine. BUt figured it out. I'll see if pushing CD a few times does it as well. But I ended up pushing the mode button on the steering wheel, which I found the USB there as well. Got BT audio streaming setup. Thanks!! So nice have spotify and grooveshark streaming from my phone. And BONUS didn't know you could voice command which song/band/album you want when playing from USB. Loving the car more and more.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I BT from my phone as well for Podcast, Music, etc. I just hate the 1-2 sec delay when watching movie on Phone. Using the analog Aux In there is no delay.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 02:15 PM

Hey guys,

So I have a 2009 RA (Canadian version) with the stock sound system and just installed the BT module. I had the dealership use the MUT-III tool to get the car to recognize it. I now have my android phone (running 4.3) paired to the car and can use BT for calls, however I am unable to stream music.

As mentioned above I have tried pressing the CD button and I can switch to AUX but no BT option. Also as mentioned in posts above, I have looked in my phones BT setting under "Hands Free System" and I only see the option for "phone audio" nothing regarding "media audio".

Can someone please tell me if I am missing something or if I set it up incorrectly?

Thanks,

Andre

Last edited by hav0k; Aug 1, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by hav0k
Hey guys,

So I have a 2009 RA (Canadian version) with the stock sound system and just installed the BT module. I had the dealership use the MUT-III tool to get the car to recognize it. I now have my android phone (running 4.3) paired to the car and can use BT for calls, however I am unable to stream music.

As mentioned above I have tried pressing the CD button and I can switch to AUX but no BT option. Also as mentioned in posts above, I have looked in my phones BT setting under "Hands Free System" and I only see the option for "phone audio" nothing regarding "media audio".

Can someone please tell me if I am missing something or if I set it up incorrectly?

Thanks,

Andre
Sorry for the bad news, but no BT audio on 2009
Old Aug 1, 2013, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

^^^this

You pretty much have to upgrade to a 2011 Navi system (an N04 or higher) with the FUSE (BluTooth USB module) to be able to do bluetooth audio.

OR go completely aftermarket
Old Aug 1, 2013, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the quick reply guys, glad to know that I wasnt doing something stupid. I didnt realize it was cause of the actual system in there, I guess I spent $250 for nothing lol
Old Aug 2, 2013, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
FWIW- i will be selling my BT module (not needed now) so...
Old Sep 30, 2013, 07:15 AM

how do you play music through your phone via Bluetooth?..I have the OEM NAVI system. I pressed audo button, nothing
happened...
Old Jun 2, 2015, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

i hate the 09s don't have the audio option. I mean is it that much to ask if you already did the work to have calls set up? come one mitsu
Old Jul 21, 2015, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To add Bluetooth audio to my '09 Ralliart I wanted something that plugged into the cigarette lighter for power, and was wired to the auxiliary audio input, not transmitting over FM. It took me a while, but I finally found something!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201059661077
I can't wait for it to arrive so I can test it out, and also see if the USB charging functioning can be used to charge the phone while playing audio and not generate any weird noise.

Last edited by Strangways; Jul 21, 2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: typos
Old Jul 21, 2015, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

def let us know how it works. i wonder how hard it is to get a newer RA's bluetooth that does do music wired into a 09?

Quick Reply: Streaming music over bluetooth, how?