Notices

Aftermarket Radio & Steering Wheels Access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Aftermarket Radio & Steering Wheels Access

Hey guys,

Just bought my '09 Rally Art GTS and I have a Pioneer DEH-X6500BT from my old OZ Rally. Its brand new and I want to put it in the GTS since it has the original OEM stereo in it.

Head unit Info: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X650...6500bt&tp=5684

Anyway I am getting the replacement plastic dash cover etc but what I can't find is the converter that will allow me to use the Media and Phone buttons on my steering wheel. I contacted Crutchfield and they said they haven't had those converters for a while. Does anyone know where to get one and link me?

Also looking to gave a definitive answer on what size speakers I can replace the OEM speakers with.

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JukEboXAuDiO
'09 Rally Art GTS
...The hell is that...?

To answer your question, you can definitely make the media controls work, but as far as I know the Bluetooth controls will not work with any aftermarket units.

Last edited by AlDim; Nov 24, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
use Metra AXXESS SWI to get the buttons to work.

If the head unit BT worked in the old car - it will with Lancer.

Alpine components (SPS-610C) fit the front doors and i used Pyle PLG64 subs for the rear doors.

The heart of the speaker issue is that the OEM pskrs are '3 hole' mounted in a triangular hole.

The Alpines have a multiple brakets and holes (looks like a swiss cheese ) frame adapters.

For the rears i cut up the OEM spkr frame and bolted the new speaker to the frame and then installed the speaker/frame assy in the OEM holes.

Watch your depths - the fronts are pretty shallow and people have made spacers to get the speakers to fit...

Last edited by Veronica; Nov 25, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Veronica
use Metra AXXESS SWI to get the buttons to work.

If the head unit BT worked in the old car - it will with Lancer.

Alpine components (SPS-610C) fit the front doors and i used Pyle PLG64 subs for the rear doors.

The heart of the speaker issue is that the OEM pskrs are '3 hole' mounted in a triangular hole.

The Alpines have a multiple brakets and holes (looks like a swiss cheese ) frame adapters.

For the rears i cut up the OEM spkr frame and bolted the new speaker to the frame and then installed the speaker/frame assy in the OEM holes.

Watch your depths - the fronts are pretty shallow and people have made spacers to get the speakers to fit...
Thanks for the help. I have some 6x5 Dual speakers which I love i took out of my 03' OZ Rally and am putting into this one. Will they fit or do I have to go with the 6.9s? Also I read somewhere there are 3s somewhere? I haven't found them yet.

I did find this for the Steering wheel controls. Is that the right one?
Amazon.com: Axxess Metra ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface with New Micro B Connector (Black): Car Electronics Amazon.com: Axxess Metra ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface with New Micro B Connector (Black): Car Electronics