Notices

UR UICP/stock intercooler

Old Aug 9, 2015, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UR UICP/stock intercooler

I'm in the process of purchasing UICP/LICP from UR, since it's compatible with both RA intercooler and Evo x intercooler. As of right now I plan on just running the Upper piping on my RA intercooler(until I can afford a evo x fmic), besides mainly being a cosmetic piece, maybe with a little gain, is there any cons to just hard piping(hot pipe or charge pipe? just got the long pipe and not the piece to intercooler yet) the upper pipe on a stock RA intercooler?

* I also purchases an OEM EVO MR 8/9 bov, and I am under the impression this will fit the RA, but may need a longer vacuum hose?
*UR seems decent and for how cheap it is compared to ETS/AMS I can't pass it up.

Last edited by russ72; Aug 9, 2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No cons with the hard pipe. You might feel a little better throttle response since it doesn't expand like the stock one. Also, you are correct about the bov, you'll need a longer hose.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
No. The EVO X/FMIC UICP cannot be used on the RA FMIC.

The pipe will be too short (because the RA FMIC is about half the frontal area). Compare pix of the two - you will see what I mean.

Just wait until you have the EVO X FMIC and do the install all at once.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

And yes, the EVO IX BOV fits fine - just take your vacuum line to the store and get one about 20" (to be safe). Run the line OVER the stock snorkel (it fits fine/no pinching with hood closed). Trim to keep it looking nice - but no sharp bends where the hose kinks. Secure the vacuum line with zip ties or hose clamps.

If you need a pix - let me know.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick question on UICP.
I tried to take my oem ic piping off and it wouldn't budge, I pulled and pulled but it wouldn't move. Either I'm super weak() or it came from factory super tight. Any tips to remove without breaking or tearing anything?
I thought about letting car warm up to let hose expand some, not sure it would work. Thought about getting a screw driver to break hose away from housing, but a little paranoid in ripping that hose. Guess I could use some trim remover tools which are plastic. Any tips would help.

*anyone know diameter of vacuum hose off hand(inner or outer).
Old Aug 24, 2015, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Yep - just insert a plastic or metal screwdriver/pry tool under the hose to break the seal.