Notices

Interior Lights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Lights

Has anyone tackled the issue of not having a dome light for the back seat area? If so what.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:50 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I assume you have the panoramic sun roof? I have a standard roof and mine has a dome light, so I assume that's it.

I can think of a few options, but are you willing to cut a hole(s) in your headliner?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
I assume you have the panoramic sun roof? I have a standard roof and mine has a dome light, so I assume that's it.

I can think of a few options, but are you willing to cut a hole(s) in your headliner?
I don have the sunroof. Mine only has the two map lights up front. I really don't want to cut holes but if I have to I will.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:15 AM
EvoM Moderator

Huh, my 2011 Outlander Sport SE has a rear one just behind the front row in the headliner.... Do you not have the AWD or SE package?

On a plus note, you can always order a Mitsubishi OEM Outie Sport SE one and install it. You can just fish the wiring up to the front map lights and use that for a power source. Swap the bulbs over to LEDs and you should have a pretty well light interior. This would, obviously, require cutting, but it would look OEM if you were cautious and careful.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:47 PM

i'am thinking of doing this too, it should look oem if done right.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm experiencing the exact same issue..
There are no lights whatsoever for the back seating area (2013 O.s. SE AWD) and it is Completely dark. And, to make things worse, I have the Black cloth interior.

I'm definitely going to look into some kind of LED rear seat lighting MOD/DIY.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:42 AM
EvoM Moderator

I want to add more lighting in the trunk area. I basically want the OEM passenger side wall fixture on the drivers side as well... I imagine that the OEM housing would be almost impossible to duplicate though, as it is molded into the plastic.

Any ideas for this?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

I want to add more lighting in the trunk area. I basically want the OEM passenger side wall fixture on the drivers side as well... I imagine that the OEM housing would be almost impossible to duplicate though, as it is molded into the plastic.

Any ideas for this?
I'm going to go to my local dealership this weekend and see if I can scare up some schematics on wiring harness for our O.sports..

I think there's some pre-wiring harness/connector already there (hidden) behind one of those panels > for use in the optional liftgate LED (arctic blue) light kit.

Personally, I'm not very fond of that color for interior lighting at all nor was it all that bright to be that functional, IMO.

Once, I get my hands on some wire schematics, I think we can better plan on what to install/MOD - for a lighting solution in our hatch area that best suits our needs.

Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:26 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
I'm going to go to my local dealership this weekend and see if I can scare up some schematics on wiring harness for our O.sports..

I think there's some pre-wiring harness/connector already there (hidden) behind one of those panels > for use in the optional liftgate LED (arctic blue) light kit.

Personally, I'm not very fond of that color for interior lighting at all nor was it all that bright to be that functional, IMO.

Once, I get my hands on some wire schematics, I think we can better plan on what to install/MOD - for a lighting solution in our hatch area that best suits our needs.

Any luck on this quest, mRVR?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Any luck on this quest, mRVR?
why yes, actually.
I just need write up a DIY and take photos (behind the panels) & video of the process... I will keep you guys updated as soon as I finish my How-to draft!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:18 PM
EvoM Moderator

Hey! You've been holding out on me?!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been wondering what exactly is that light for?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Hey! You've been holding out on me?!
Hey, no..
I'm going to do a detailed write-up on it, in fact.
A little patience...

Originally Posted by Ugleeboi
I've been wondering what exactly is that light for?
It's to illuminate the general area (beyond the rear bumper) when you have the hatch open.

Last edited by mRVRsport; Feb 19, 2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:44 PM
EvoM Moderator

I took my old 921 bulb from my reverse lights, and put it in my trunk light housing and it's much brighter. The housing is not enclosed, and has a decent amount of space to vent heat, so I'm not really worried about that. I will, however, be ordering an LED replacement for it though. I think I'm going to get this one:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...edge-base/214/
Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:36 PM

NO back seat dome light 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart.. I bought led flexible strip to mount but cant figure out how to wire it so when my door opens light comes on.. i tied into the door button but when door opens light shuts off door closed light comes on.. assumings its because of the door ajar light in dash has something to do with it.. SO Question is and no one has seem to come up with a solution to hook this up by means of the back door ..( other than tying into front dome ) is it even possible and if so please tell me how Im lost

Quick Reply: Interior Lights