Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

aem ems gains

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aem ems gains

how much more power can expect, by switching to an aem ems converted to map, over the stock ecu and MAF.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by redevo58
how much more power can expect, by switching to an aem ems converted to map, over the stock ecu and MAF.
A lot.... Actually, it depends on what other supported mods you have, how good your tuner is, etc... Lots of variables to take into consideration, but the AEM EMS is very powerful and lots of power can be made with it.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 06:38 PM

Aem

I just installed my AEM, it'll be interesting to see what it can do!!
Old Nov 22, 2005, 11:02 PM

i talked to batlground, they said their shop car made over 75 hp with an aem swap.

thats alot of power
Old Nov 22, 2005, 11:37 PM

also look at the hks v-pro
Old Nov 23, 2005, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

Its well worth it. You can REALLY feel the differences. Car pulls much stronger!
Old Nov 23, 2005, 01:02 AM

Go to www.aempower.com and I THINK they have the gains on the webpage for an evo.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

check evolutionm's home page they have a test of AEM EMS at turbotrix's shop. They dynoed various setups.

https://www.evolutionm.net/features/...vomfeatures/38

an evo 8 with AEM EMS w/ 3.5 map sensor, mbc, intake managed 301@wheels...

AEM EMS rulez...
Old Nov 23, 2005, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

I would say 30-40 hp just swapping..................my tune with 272s pulls like crazy
Old Nov 23, 2005, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Torre from Va.
I would say 30-40 hp just swapping..................my tune with 272s pulls like crazy
No way you get power from just swapping... The AEM EMS has to be tuned in order to get any gains. Furthermore, somebody has to know what they are doing in order to create all the maps needed. I know that ppl get huge gains from The AEM EMS, but they don't come without strings attached (more like huge cables than strings...). Also, beware of those huge power gains, if the tune is not right, you can blow your expensive engine in a moment..... Oh yeah, this is not bull$hit or speculation. I have lots of very expensive experience with the AEM EMS in my '03 EVO VIII (RIP)
Old Nov 23, 2005, 06:45 AM

silver evo 8 if you dont mind me asking, how did your car get lost? error or crash?
Old Nov 23, 2005, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silverEVO8
No way you get power from just swapping... The AEM EMS has to be tuned in order to get any gains. Furthermore, somebody has to know what they are doing in order to create all the maps needed. I know that ppl get huge gains from The AEM EMS, but they don't come without strings attached (more like huge cables than strings...). Also, beware of those huge power gains, if the tune is not right, you can blow your expensive engine in a moment..... Oh yeah, this is not bull$hit or speculation. I have lots of very expensive experience with the AEM EMS in my '03 EVO VIII (RIP)

maybe I wasn't clear enough I'm saying swapping with a tune not just straight swapping
Old Nov 23, 2005, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Torre from Va.
maybe I wasn't clear enough I'm saying swapping with a tune not just straight swapping
Oh, sorry about that. I guess I'm a stickler for details..... I know that the AEM EMS does come with a base map for the EVO. I thought you meant that you just swapped it and used the base EVO map....

Originally Posted by Evil_Rs
silver evo 8 if you dont mind me asking, how did your car get lost? error or crash?
The story with my '03 EVO VIII is a sad one ... I got suckered into a modification path by the late, unlamented Boost Solutions.... One of the things they did was to install and "tune" the AEM EMS. Bottom line is that my car got completely screwed up by George and his other tuners/techs at Boost Solutions. The list of problems is too long to go into now, besides you can find the whole nasty mess by doing a search on Boost Solutions or busted solutions.... I just want to say to ppl who are considering the stand alone option to be very careful and knowledgeable before they go that route. Be extra, super careful with which tuner you use. There are lots of ppl out there, including many well known tuners who claim great things with the AEM EMS. I will say CAVEAT EMPTOR! (let the buyer beware....) Errors and imcompetence in tuning can have terrible results. At worst you'll have a destroyed/damaged engine. Very likely you'll end up with an undriveable POS. Sure, there are guys out there who claim great succes, perfect driveability, etc. I don't know about them, but I do know about my experience and that of several others who had nothing but problems and nobody to turn to......
Old Nov 23, 2005, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

sounds good guys thanks, if i do get it, i will get tuned by AMS.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

silverevo8............dude that sucks all I have to say for you to do is kill,kill,kill !!

Quick Reply: aem ems gains