Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

AEM vs. Autronics

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was thinking of going the AEM route but am really put off by the person that said..

all the horror storyes of the aem system. I have a buddy with a 900whp supra with aem and on a few occasions the unit randomly lost the map among other things. This was a common occurance from alot of users.
I would definitely not want to use a system that was getting a lot of complaints of losing the map randomly! Autronics seems alot more appealing to me now...
Old Jun 26, 2006, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoIVGSR
i was thinking of going the AEM route but am really put off by the person that said..

I would definitely not want to use a system that was getting a lot of complaints of losing the map randomly! Autronics seems alot more appealing to me now...

The AEM system seems to be alot better now than when I whitnesed that "common occurance" years ago, but I still have that image in my mind.............
Old Jun 26, 2006, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by GOT EVO
The AEM system seems to be alot better now than when I whitnesed that "common occurance" years ago, but I still have that image in my mind.............
oh i see, thought you meant it was quite recent.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

2 years
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Either the AEM lost part of my map or my tuner intentionally sabotaged my car. He gave me all of his intermediate maps that showed his tuning steps. I compared them against the map that I pulled out of the unit after my engine started getting damaged and they were only superficially similar, I am thinking that the AEM corrupted the map. Some of the values were so weird that the map was not even coherent. I still prefer the AEM but I am paranoid now about having my map get corrupted again.

strike
Old Jun 27, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Either the AEM lost part of my map or my tuner intentionally sabotaged my car. He gave me all of his intermediate maps that showed his tuning steps. I compared them against the map that I pulled out of the unit after my engine started getting damaged and they were only superficially similar, I am thinking that the AEM corrupted the map. Some of the values were so weird that the map was not even coherent. I still prefer the AEM but I am paranoid now about having my map get corrupted again. This was with V1.19 and was recent.

strike