Notices

~ Korean Evo Owners list~

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mump
I'm sure that is very truethat many would like to go back, but not here. I am a korean linguist, so every 2 years I head back to Korea. My wife hates to go back- want to go back to the D.C. area. Granted, this time got stuck in the middle of nowhere Texas, one step up from Korea but not by much. Oh well, I chose this job.
Hearing that you are a Korean linguist, I would have thought you had some sort of affinity to the land, people and culture whose language puts food in the mouths of you and your wife, but instead your words look down upon it. I would expect that from a line rifleman serving in 8th Army, but I would assume you are more educated than that, being a linguist and all. Why marry a Korean woman if you think her country is nothing more than an armpit? And if you and your wife are so unhappy to have to go back to Korea every two years, why stay in your profession?
Old Feb 1, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_doer
Kmx: Believe me I know all too well. I have dated Korean ladies on and off for a few years. It's quite funny that Koreans and Italians are quite similar when it comes to family values, and being HOT tempered. My best buddy has been married to a Korean gal for many years, I have always thought she was cool. She even kicked some dudes *** who was bothering her Yobo You gotta love that As she beat the dude with her shoe he was yelling back "You need a woman to fight for you!" LMAO, My buddy is a 3rd degree BB in Tai Kwon Do and didn't want to unload on this jackass. Everytime I see him I crack up funny sh#t!!!
Evo_doer: My best friend is Italian. Our families get along like peas and carrots. I remember when I read your post about looking for a Korean girl, it reminded me of him right on the nose. I gave him fair warning for 3 years about his Korean gf. He secretly went and wed the girl. Now we have a new Italian word in the vocabulary: agita. Because that's all she ever gives him.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 06:53 PM

Korean here studying in snowy MI
Old Feb 1, 2005, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmxxbadboy
Evo_doer: My best friend is Italian. Our families get along like peas and carrots. I remember when I read your post about looking for a Korean girl, it reminded me of him right on the nose. I gave him fair warning for 3 years about his Korean gf. He secretly went and wed the girl. Now we have a new Italian word in the vocabulary: agita. Because that's all she ever gives him.

This is a truism for sure. My buddy and his wife have had some serious arguments, and look like they will beat each other like the marriage vow "Till death do us part" but in the end they really connect in a "hand in glove"kind of way which I admire immensely. I believe that because i've know her for about 17 years, my attraction, and vision for Korean women started long ago mainly because of her, and I told her. She was quite honored, but it is true. One day I will hook up with "The One" for now I will continue to modify my other ladies, my toys they can give you agita just like the living ones but don't talk back
Old Feb 2, 2005, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kmxxbadboy
Hearing that you are a Korean linguist, I would have thought you had some sort of affinity to the land, people and culture whose language puts food in the mouths of you and your wife, but instead your words look down upon it. I would expect that from a line rifleman serving in 8th Army, but I would assume you are more educated than that, being a linguist and all. Why marry a Korean woman if you think her country is nothing more than an armpit? And if you and your wife are so unhappy to have to go back to Korea every two years, why stay in your profession?
Yes/No of the affinity of the land, people, and culture. The country is filthy...I mean extremely dirty. I know Korea is very advanced, but it was treated like a third world country. Most people wears masks because of the pollution. The exception is Cheju-do.
The people, I have alot of respect for - educated and the hardest working in the world. At the same time, they are pretty ignorant. I understand, around the US bases there are issues but my wife is from Changwon (I joke that the white population doubles when I visit my in-laws), I feel like I have the plague...avoid whitie at all costs.
Culture - no complaints. It is culture, of course it is different. I feel if you are somewhere else you should learn and respect the ways.
As far as why I married a Korean. Love should be a good answer. 8 yrs without a problem with a 3 yr old now. And we teach her both cultures. Plus, if you never saw my wife but just talked to her, you would swear she was born and raised in the east coast.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 04:23 AM

You chose wrong category.

you better go to any playground but here. or post your own.
one thing,, I've lived more than 20 years in Korea (mostly Seoul) but never saw any people wears mask unless caught cold.
thats not even Funny j/k.

Go and ask your wife and do search if needed,, and try to know about her and her country. Unfortunately You know nothing about your wife's country. Sorry about it.

You said 'Love',
'Love' is not always good solution unless you even try-to-understand your wife's everything.

Originally Posted by mump
Yes/No of the affinity of the land, people, and culture. The country is filthy...I mean extremely dirty. I know Korea is very advanced, but it was treated like a third world country. Most people wears masks because of the pollution. The exception is Cheju-do.
The people, I have alot of respect for - educated and the hardest working in the world. At the same time, they are pretty ignorant. I understand, around the US bases there are issues but my wife is from Changwon (I joke that the white population doubles when I visit my in-laws), I feel like I have the plague...avoid whitie at all costs.
Culture - no complaints. It is culture, of course it is different. I feel if you are somewhere else you should learn and respect the ways.
As far as why I married a Korean. Love should be a good answer. 8 yrs without a problem with a 3 yr old now. And we teach her both cultures. Plus, if you never saw my wife but just talked to her, you would swear she was born and raised in the east coast.

Last edited by anikisama; Feb 3, 2005 at 04:27 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 12:30 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
jeez, it's a simple list of who's korean that drives an evo or lancer. you don't have to ANALYZE korean women in here. We all know they're not what they used to be.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

I'm krn but i'd rather be jap...our family's sooo jap washed ^^;;
btw, kmxxbadboy, you'll be surprised to find that many krns dont like being krns...once you live in korea for couple of years, you'll understand why
Old Feb 5, 2005, 01:34 AM

Wow...there's an Asian forum here? Hmmm....how bout a W.A.S.P forum for us WASP's is the US where us white people can talk about our non-exsitant culture.

Honestly....why does there have to be an asian forum here...it's about EVO's and sh*t.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TwoMix9900
btw, kmxxbadboy, you'll be surprised to find that many krns dont like being krns...once you live in korea for couple of years, you'll understand why
lol be proud of who you are My best friend is korean and I grew up with koreans also. Was gonna go to Puhsan 2 weeks ago to visit a old friend there. Koreans can drink and be careful when they do because they love to start @#$! and get into fights.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TwoMix9900

wow, i was just saying Korea was a giant dump. you should be proud of what you are. i DO respect my wife's ways and proud of my 1/2 Korean daughter.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
you don't have to ANALYZE korean women in here. We all know they're not what they used to be.

Plokivos: What do you mean? That is the general concensus for most women, not just Koreans.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo
Wow...there's an Asian forum here? Hmmm....how bout a W.A.S.P forum for us WASP's is the US where us white people can talk about our non-exsitant culture.

Honestly....why does there have to be an asian forum here...it's about EVO's and sh*t.
Maybe because Asian people drive Evos? I could be wrong but I thought the Evo was from a company called Mitsubishi. And isn't Mitsubishi a Japanese company? Oh, and isn't Japan in Asia? And wait, didn't the Evo spend more time in Asia then here in the States? So I suppose, if you think about it, that it makes sense that there is an Asian forum because the Asian guys might know more about the Evo then the US guys or at least have a differnt take on stuff.

Fox

PS- not that it matters but I'm 1/2 Korean
Old Feb 26, 2005, 09:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evo_doer
Plokivos: What do you mean? That is the general concensus for most women, not just Koreans.
yeh, hard to find a good woman these days. I've found one, but it was a work.

anyway, i like Korea, foods great, culture is still thriving through college students and elders, advancements are made from such a small country, and like any advanced 1 st world country, there are problems and most populated cities have pollution problems.

Look at LA, tell me they ever see the sky as it is like here in Georgia.

I've been to the country in Korea, and it's gorgeous, the mountains and everything else, the air's fresh, people are still humble and kind.

so don't bad mouth korea, bad mouth somewhere else, like japan. now tokyo's a hell hole. lol worst than london.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 09:57 PM
Account Disabled

anyway, anyone going to korea anytime soon? i could go but wanna meet some people over there...

Quick Reply: ~ Korean Evo Owners list~