Notices

Anyone else actually in Korea?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alby988
is the track at everland 1/4 mile? haha wats the average time of the cars that go?
no, its a circuit track. i havent heard of any drag strips. most of the guys i hear about drag out on the west coast near ocean city.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 06:48 PM

Evos in korea.... that is awesome... only been to korea once in my life and i need to go back... my parents are there rite now....
Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there is a 1/4 mile west of osan.... i pulled off a 12.4 there - where anything in the 14's are "super fast"
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by s0lja
Evos in korea.... that is awesome... only been to korea once in my life and i need to go back... my parents are there rite now....
an evo V guy i talked to, said there were only about 20 evos in country. most of them are V-VII.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by mump
there is a 1/4 mile west of osan.... i pulled off a 12.4 there - where anything in the 14's are "super fast"
i might have to go there. with my lack of drag racing ability it may be my only chance to be one of the faster guys at a track. lol.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
haha im in korea for vacation right now! im at gwangju in gyung gi do. i miss my evo at home!
Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hott ride thats all
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by alby988
haha im in korea for vacation right now! im at gwangju in gyung gi do. i miss my evo at home!
how long are you in korea for? the korean auto salon is july 13-17 at coex. a few of us might be planning a trip over there sometime. (dont have any real plans so im not sure if it will be a group of us or just a couple of us.) if you feel like tagging along you are more than welcome.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

very nice. Anyone run faster?
Old Jul 8, 2006, 04:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jkim2001
very nice. Anyone run faster?
no. not that i seen. there were a good amount of cars there - well, more than i expected. mostly older things from america, 2 non turbo supras and well, of course a butt load of hyundias. i took 6-7 passes and they were hooting and hollering it up esp. after the 1st run - the lone white guy in this foreign thing shocked the hell out of them. their jaw dropped when it launched off the line and ripped down the lane. pretty cool.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Wassupp mump..this is Hyrev....its been a while man...I'm putting in for Korea also n bringing the yellow beast there....hope to see u soon.

BTW what was the trap spd, 60 ft n is it at sea level.... might be a better track than SA...later man
Old Jul 8, 2006, 10:04 PM

hey, im at osan, ive been here for about 3 weeks. email me at ikanc_u@yahoo.com,let me know whats up
Old Jul 9, 2006, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dee_yamaha
Wassupp mump..this is Hyrev....its been a while man...I'm putting in for Korea also n bringing the yellow beast there....hope to see u soon.

BTW what was the trap spd, 60 ft n is it at sea level.... might be a better track than SA...later man
What's up man? Here some advice to you. Do not bring it here - it will be messed up. My car was hit the 1st month by a drunk parking next to me. If you come to Osan command sponsored you will live off base where the is no parking and no respect for other's stuff.
As far as trap speeds, I have no clue. Everything is metric, you don't get a slip or anything.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matthesf
hey, im at osan, ive been here for about 3 weeks. email me at ikanc_u@yahoo.com,let me know whats up
Where you at? I am at the 303rd - I am sure you will see my ride around the base - just stop me.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

What's up man? Here some advice to you. Do not bring it here - it will be messed up. My car was hit the 1st month by a drunk parking next to me. If you come to Osan command sponsored you will live off base where the is no parking and no respect for other's stuff.
As far as trap speeds, I have no clue. Everything is metric, you don't get a slip or anything.
That sucks about the drunk drivers and If I go there unaccompanied I definetly will bring it n live in the dorms. If not I'll take the supra....

I just want to do a tour there so I dont have to do one when I have kids....

You should try the new G-tec (I dont know if its accurate) but at least you'll have an idea. Peace out man.

Quick Reply: Anyone else actually in Korea?