Notices

Going to be in Tokyo...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Going to be in Tokyo...

Hey guys, I live in Texas right now but I'm heading to Tokyo in a few days (will be there about 10 days). I was wondering if anyone from Tokyo (or anyone familiar with that area) could help me out...

I want to make sure I hit all the best spots while I'm there, especially those having to do with cars. Where would one go to see some cool cars, racing, hot chicks? Seriously though...where would I go to see some street racing, drifting, etc.? I looked online but didn't find much about where car meets are located.

Any ideas?
Old Feb 24, 2007, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never been to tokyo but damn your lucky bastard
Old Feb 24, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

I have been to Tokyo. Go to the electric town for digital cameras and other goodies. Shibuya for shopping and checking people out. Skip Ginza - too old fashion for young guys, skip Tokyo Tower, kind of run down. Too many people, too many cars. I can't imagine you will ever find any street racing in Tokyo. Picture how busy NYC is X 10, then you got Tokyo.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

come on! anyone from Tokyo?

i know there's racing! i guess i'll just have to find it myself!
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well you wont find any sites telling you go here for street racing as you wont find any sites telling you in the states because of the obvious-laws against such things and cops also searching the web.

Its one of those things only the locals know about. So you basically have to ask around.

Its common sense really.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

went to tokyo last year for a couple weeks.......as far as kool things, just like was already said, check out Tsukiji Market (big *** fish market, i actuall saw a lot of cars here for some reason), Akihabara (electric town), Shibuya is kool for shopping and walking around.

as far as drifto or hi-speed wangan style freeway racing, its pretty kool. its never really at a same "spot". i went to one drifto scene with my cousins and his friends, and kind of f&f3, we were near some shipping dock. and even after a few so called laps, everyone leaves and goes to another random area. its kind of like tagging walls here in the US. if theres a street/area with no tire markings, and if its kool for any type of racing/drift, they'll mark the spot and after they leave, tire tracks everywhere. pretty kool.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Well there was an article a while back about how they close down some freeway in Tokyo just for street racing, and it made it sound like it was legal...so I assumed that someone would know about that. hmmm...