Notices

Anyone here from Taiwan?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I might take a vacation to taiwan this summer, I hope some of you can take me around. I dont speak any mandarin so I could use some help when Im there. I hear the food is good and cheap as hell too. I like eating outdoors and taiwan seems to offer a lot of outdoor food and drink stands which is cool
Old Feb 21, 2005, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by acidandroid
Derek888, .........i'm Derek too, from taiwan

so cool, i finally know someone who has an EVO in taiwna, i've been back several times, and never seen a single EVO on the street, always see loudass STis

i'm planning to ship mine back to taiwan soon, u have any idea how much it's gonna cost me?
Im not sure how much it is. I think if its your personal car and had it for 1 year it will be cheaper but you would have to ask. I bought mine here in Taipei. You should bring it back tho... its so dam rare people stare at your car
Old Feb 22, 2005, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Well I am getting packed and heading back home to the States tonight . Overall the visit was very enjoyable, making think about moving here to stay.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 01:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hkfeet
Well I might take a vacation to taiwan this summer, I hope some of you can take me around. I dont speak any mandarin so I could use some help when Im there. I hear the food is good and cheap as hell too. I like eating outdoors and taiwan seems to offer a lot of outdoor food and drink stands which is cool

The food is awesome and you wont regrets coming here and I dont speak Madarin too, had my wife translate everything to me
Old Feb 22, 2005, 02:02 AM
Evolved Member

Why would you want to move to Taiwan, dont tell me its because of the food I would definately love to move back to the states but thats just me., Los Angeles of course. Well I guess it depends where you stay in the US.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

If we do move back we would actually be in China since that were my wife parents factory at. I live in TN in the USA with a ****ty job that I hate but the pay is ok
Old Feb 22, 2005, 02:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by is300
If we do move back we would actually be in China since that were my wife parents factory at. I live in TN in the USA with a ****ty job that I hate but the pay is ok
have a safe trip
Old Feb 22, 2005, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

So just like the tvb vacation shows I watch, english is not very popular there huh? Im afraid if I start blabbing out cantonese, people will just be confused. I guess it wont hurt to start learning mandarin now, its not that hard.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Made it back safe, But I think I got home sick.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

yO my Taiwanese brothers~!!
I'm from Taipei, Taiwan.
Born and raised there until I was 12
Used to live in LA for 7 years, been in Phoenix, AZ 4 years now for school (freaking hot!!)
I got a 03 black EVO VIII - pretty stock except for intake and factory gauges.

Wassup Derek, must be fu*^ing nice to drive a REAL Evo in Taiwan, I bet you get all the attention. Make me wanna ship my Evo back when I graduated (going back to my homeland for jobs) Anyways, nice to meet all y'all. STAY *****!! haha =P

BTW: The cost for shipping EVO VIII back to taiwan including tax would come close to 10,000 US dollars. And your car will have to be hold up for inspection for weeks before they release it you. Thats my source, correct me if I'm wrong.

CHAT CHAT! Brian_hou@hotmail.com - holla at me ~
Old Feb 28, 2005, 03:58 PM

Sup everyone. I'm from Taipei, Taiwan too. Hey Derek, do you have to be on the waiting list for like a year or so to get the car? I heard there's only like 60 some Evos in Taiwan.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

AzBlackEvo8 , thanks for the info
inspection? like exhaust and stuff??

Hey Derek, how's the ride of ur EVO in taiwan
i'll be driving mine in taichung one day, and the street is pretty rough there haha
and i don't think i'll go out with my EVO during the nite time, cuz it's pretty scary out there in taichung during the nite
Old Feb 28, 2005, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Inspection is basically just to inspect if theres any illegal substances in the car like drugs, weapons...etc
My friend shipped his S14 back to TW all fixed up with SR20DET n stuff, they didn't say a word. So I'm guessing they don't really check that but then again I could be wrong since I don't know much about TW's policy on mods on car.

Lets ship our EVO VIII back to Taiwan and we'll all roll out together!! That would be bad ***.

heres a pic of my car with the Phoenix background.
Black is SOOOO freaking hard to maintain man.

Last edited by AzBlackEvo8; Feb 28, 2005 at 07:25 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by AzBlackEvo8
Inspection is basically just to inspect if theres any illegal substances in the car like drugs, weapons...etc
My friend shipped his S14 back to TW all fixed up with SR20DET n stuff, they didn't say a word. So I'm guessing they don't really check that but then again I could be wrong since I don't know much about TW's policy on mods on car.

Lets ship our EVO VIII back to Taiwan and we'll all roll out together!! That would be bad ***.

heres a pic of my car with the Phoenix background.
Black is SOOOO freaking hard to maintain man.
I thought modded cars aren't allow to be on the public streets of TW. Well, at least that's what I've read from some car forum in TW.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, let's ship our EVOs back and roll out and get robbed or get shot at....LOL just kidding

there r loads of modded cars on the street in TW, most of them r crap, but sometimes u see really good ones
i just went back for xmas, there r some M3s and 911s, i saw a 911 turbo with techart kits, it was so bad assss, and boxter everywhere(don't know why these r so popular)............other than these, i saw countless of hondas, lancers and subbies.....never saw an EVO!!

Quick Reply: Anyone here from Taiwan?