Notices

Any brisbane mountain tracks to race?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2003, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any brisbane mountain tracks to race?

Any brisbane folk know any good mountain tracks to race or time??
friends and i race up mt cootha and mt gravatt lookout with some scary moments, though we are in search of new tracks to kill each other..
Old Jan 21, 2003, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

What exactly are you looking for......tarmac or a true track as in dirt I think you mean tarmac but not 100% sure. I personally do not think it is responsible to be using our cars to their potential on open and public roads, Mt Gravatt Mountan is not a safe road ot the best of times, and whilst it may seem like a ideal location, you must take into account the surroundings. But I am not here to give a lecture, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way at all, because I love to race and enjoy my cars, but at the same time there is a time and a place. I will get back to you on locations, when you tell me what exactly you are after.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 06:47 PM

yeh i mean tarmac....
and i'm well aware of mt gravatt l'out roads, guard rails, trees,cliff faces, very dangerous, though exciting, so thats why i dotn take my lancer, i take my sis 89 rolla hehe.
there is a time and place, but there is no money... i guess i'm just lookin for somewhere to cruise on mountainous roads
Old Jan 22, 2003, 01:57 AM
Evolving Member

The back way to Lake Wivenhoe is pretty nice road... the bikes love it on a weekend. There is about a 50 km stretch starting at Waterworks Road at 'The GAP', which heads over Mt Nebo, and Mt Glorious, pretty much all the way to Wivenhoe. I drove it on a Saturday around midday, and apart from about 50 bikes, and 2 Audi TT Quatros which hammered past us it was pretty quite, so during the week it sould be deserted. It was a great drive, even with mum driveing like a GRANDMA!
(Just beware, my uncle lives on Waterworks RD, and he rekons u'll see an average of around 4-5 Ambo's head that way on any SAT/SUN, so make sure ur not the only car, and u have a Mobile)

Cheers and have fun and be carefull!
Old Jan 23, 2003, 01:40 AM
Evolved Member

Yes that is a good drive, Mt Glorious is a good place to go. There are a lot of mountain drives do go on close to or around Brisbane, check those out.