Notices

Lancer first, Magna second in SPL comp on the weekend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2003, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Lancer first, Magna second in SPL comp on the weekend

Heym jus thought i'd let you fellas know bout the show on the weekend, we took out top SPL for the second year in a row

143.8 dB, cept we were outside and it was 36 degrees, so everything kept runnin too hot, and the freeze spray was on every 5 seconds

the only person who could get closer was a magna, that reached 140.1, then a heap of 138's and 136's.

good day though

Peace.
Pete
Old Feb 9, 2003, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Pete what setup do u have in the lancer? How many and how have the subs been mounted? Do u have a split seat?

I have 2 Sony DVC 12" Subs, running with coils in parrallel, each from a channel of a 2x150wRms amp (approx 190w @ 2ohm).
They are in a shared 60L box facing backward. Unfortunately, I don't have split seat, and due to the pozzy of the box, I'd say less then half the sound comes through.
My mate who used to do installs for Autobarn (his Lancer took out an AutoSalon title 2-3 years ago) suggested a wheel-well setup with the subs faceing up, angled apart. His bros 180sx which he did that way made 138 with 2 x 10" off an Alpine 4 x 25w. Of course, the hatch setup (free-air from boot) would help that a lot.
What can u suggest?

Last edited by Sandman; Feb 9, 2003 at 05:49 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2003, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

for competition only, 2 15's Clarions, mounted in the boot, i have a fold down backseat, 1 amp. i have a box that basically is the whole boot, and the only way to get it in is by through the cabin.

with my 2 x clarions 10's i have a personal best of 138.8 untuned.

with the 15's, we still havent fully tuned, so there should be easily a 145 146 in mind..
Old Feb 9, 2003, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Which driver direction seems to give the best result? If u stick ur head in my boot it is f*#king loud, but it just doesn't get into the cab in the way I'd like. I have 6x9s in the back, and was thinking of takin them out and just leaving a port, but I like the rear fill, and if I can hunt down a split seat. I found a really good smooth track the other day... Ginuine - Riding my Pony.... try it.
My rear-vision mirror rattles like crazy at most songs, but with this it hammered along without a sound.
Old Feb 9, 2003, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i have removed my rear speakers and recarpeted so i have 2 ports. i have my subs facing towards the front windscreen, but pushed right back into the tailgate, so it uses the boot as a huge port. but thats when i have the 15's in, witht the tens, i have them facing the rear of the car, pushed right back into the tailgate. people my find my car extremely strange in its setup, but after extensize testing thisa is the best way of going..

also, when running the clarion amp and 15's, i have a ran 4 gauge with positive and negative form the battery ( 2 full lines) not just the positive.

when using my tens and my other amp, i have also a small battery in the rear pof the car ( hooked up through a relay, so it only charges when the car is on). i have the tens running off that, so if i have soemthign to do, and i don;t want my engine running, its fine

always, when in comps have your engine running at 2000 rpm, if you gewt told to turn it off, tell them its in your rulebook
Old Feb 9, 2003, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

ok, sorry i hit enter without finishing what i was saying

you are allowed upto 2 g rpm, as you may see in the world SPL comps they have 3 or 4 alternators hanging off the front.. this is the recommended engine speed by the people who make the rules

when i have the full back seat in ( i have both seats thanks to the lovely wrecking yards) i usually have my tens in, and they get plenty of sound, but i want to try them with this new shelve ( also the new shelf is 14 mm MDF)

i have so many extra bits to my car its not funny, my unit has scattered **** everywhere from it.. 2 parcel shelves ( i have also got a 10mm one but she rattles too much) my original shelf, i have bits of interior everywhere.. as i dismantled a full wrecked CC 4 door lancer and got everything out of it.. the only way to go...

neways Peace
Pete.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

OK, go to

geocities.com/rexhunta

and download the piccie about lancer install
and you'll see how the 15's where sitting.. remember it wasnt a beautiful comp, just a SPL comp, so it was just a box, and an amp screwed down to the floor. This photo was just after we finished scewing down the amp.. notice the box right back, and the 4 gauge under the carpet which gets hidden by the fold down seat.

Pete.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

is that a CE spoiler I see there? Was that DB as-is there, or with the seat in place? Doesn't look too bad anyways... once u tidy the tools up. Do u have a proper boot skin or the crappy thin carpeted plastic? I can't tell.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

CC GSR spoiler
Old Feb 11, 2003, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

yeah cc gsr spoiler.

i have no boot lining, and someone raped it out of my car before i owned it the ******..

i had the fold down back seat in after that photo was taken, as that was jus after the box and amp where put in place