Notices

Rally Champion farewell..

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2003, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rally Champion farewell..

heyas,
I'm sure you are all aware of the passing of rally champion Possum Bourne in the freak accident a few days back . I thought it was worth a mention to post this link that all could read which writes about how much of a good guy the Subaru driver was. I think it is important for all group N rally fans to remember this person when they watch the group n rally, as he contributed so much to the sport.
Thanks

http://www.subaru.com.au/news/?newsid=11790

"It was not unusual for him to fly from New Zealand to Sydney for a five-minute television interview on Sunday and return home on the next flight.

"He was the ideal team leader and team-mate. He never fostered any jealousies or selfishness.

"He was always accessible to the media and his fans, indeed to everyone who wanted to chat, because Poss loved a chat!
Attached Thumbnails Rally Champion farewell..-snipt_home_possum.jpg  
Old May 3, 2003, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

May he rest in peace
Old May 4, 2003, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Rally Champion farewell..

Originally posted by Evoposer

"He was always accessible to the media and his fans, indeed to everyone who wanted to chat, because Poss loved a chat!

I Contest that quote.

While at ther Forest Rally Last year, i wanted his autograph for my subi poster, so i kindly asked, mr bourne sirt, could you please sign my poster, and i got an answer of.. **** off, i am busy.. which i did not take well for a guy of this nature.. so yes i walked off.. sat down the end of the same fence for the next 15 minutes watching him.. which he also did to a kid which would not of been 12 years old..

Pete.