Notices

Brisbane Motorshow

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2004, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DRU555, you are right that almost all, if not all, EVO 8s in the world ship with the Yoko tyres. I think we are the only ones with the change. As far as I know the reasoning lies in where some contract has been signed in the past.

The reason I care about it is that there should be a nice shiny new Evo 8 in my garage in a few months and little details like this keep me sane in my wait

With regards to tyres' grip, I have tested many different steet tyres on the track on 4WD turbo cars. In my opion the Pirelli Pzeros are the best that i have tried before going into R-compound territory and not spending rediculous $$. That is said comparing Yokos to the Pzeros in very simlilar cars. The Pzero tyres are nice and soft and for street applications obtain grip nice and early while providing plenty of it. Downside is that they do not have massive life.

Thanks for the info in the rubber. I knew we were getting Pirelli but was not sure on the make.

For those here in WA, there will be a promo EVO 8 making its way here in April, as far as i know.

THX1138