engine conversion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2004, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can just see them on a daily driver :d
Old Apr 2, 2004, 10:39 AM

yes it is a daily drivable car... but try gettin traction on normal /semi slick tyres on the normal road...
Old Apr 6, 2004, 12:38 AM

I've got a 4G93 1.8l engine, turbo, intercooler, piping, AWD drivetrain etc etc. for sale out of a '95 Lancer GSR if you're interested in doing a conversion. It's in Sydney.

Cheers
Alex
Old Apr 7, 2004, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pubsquash
Hehe, now im even more confused if i should attempt this conversion, im getting responses yes! do it and no dont waste money.

I found a 4g93T half cut for 3000 bucks so what would i have to change with the fuel delivery from my carbi tank? I was also thinkin of doing the swap myself to save myself some cash.
If you can get a half cut and getting a 4g93T for $3k then I would say grab it - but don't put it into your carbi motor car because for 1 it won't work out you can't put a efi motor into a carbi too hard and too expensive in trying to wire up the computor to get everything to run you will be better off trying to locate a cheap 4g93 lancer as you will be able to drop the motor out of this and drop the new motor in with no problems at all same mounts same ECU (plug -N - play) just need to get a GReddy E manage or similar an intercooler and then you can set the boost for say 11psi and your off and running and it will be legal cops will lift the hood see the 4g93 stamp and close the lid this way it is like about a weekend job not several months worth and all the heart ache that will go with it