Notices

lancershop.com order

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2004, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lancershop.com order

Ok, i'm getting close to doing an initial order with these guys, and just wanted to get an idea about what people want. This is not a confirmed order, I am just trying to get an idea what we all want on the first order and then I will contact Chris at lancershop.com and see what kind of deal he can give us based on the inventory.

I would suggest we do a relatively small order first up, for no other reason than to mitigate our angst, and additonal costs, if things aren't as smooth as we would like. Lets see what pitfalls are involved, if any.

I would like to keep the ordering exclusive for Evo 8 owners only - at least I know you all have a bit of money and hopefully wont dick me around too much when it comes to actually putting the cash in my account.

I would like you all to be aware that I run my own businesses that are very time consuming, and consequently I will not be spending every waking hour tracking your order and giving you written reports. I will keep you all in the loop with a group email and will despatch your bits to you as quickly as I can once I receive them. Postage will be charged 'at cost' i.e what Oz Post charges me, I would suggest it be registered post too.

I am going to do some research this week and try and find out what costs we will all be up for once the bits land in Oz - there are always customs clearance charges and GST payable, and sometimes duty thanks to tarriffs. Can anyone else help out here? rhug?

I have currently got the following on my list:

Updated 7.10pm, 12/7

3 x Perrin shorty antennas (evo8oz, THX1138, and me)
3 x Cusco oil catch cans (evo8oz, THX1138, and me)
1 x CH centre dash triple gauge pod (me)
1 x Set of Goodrich stainless steel brake lines (THX1138)
2 x Stereo relocation kits (300477 & me)

Anything else? I'd like to keep this first order to 'small' items, to keep the shipping down and make the order less conspicuous to (hopefully) avoid inspection in Sydney (and thus extra charges )

btw, i'm not planning to do any ordering for another week yet. Still want to get further quotes from Chris on shipping and hopefully get a sweet price with a good size order (of small stuff!).

Last edited by Evo8DownUnder; Jul 12, 2004 at 02:09 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

Great work. We all appreicate you doing this.

Can you add the Shorty Antenna for myslef as well. Thanks.

Also, regarding the Defi D-gauge boost, I will make an order for this shorty as to get into the top of the que. They are still 2 months away. So if anyone else would like one please let me know as well, unless Evo8DownUnder is also interested in one of these as well.

Evo8oz and myself are in Perth, WA

Thanks again.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 01:21 AM

This sounds like a great idea guys.

Put me down for the stereo relocation kit for sure.

Put a maybe for me on a set of braided brake lines, will check the credit card balance first :-)

Cheers

Shane
Old Jul 12, 2004, 02:07 AM
Evolving Member

I thought I might order my gauges later, THX. I want to see how nice the centre pod is first. I kinda only want to order bits that are in stock so he doesn't have an excuse to hold our order up waiting for one part to come back into stock.

If you end up holding off, i'd be happy to do an order for them when they do arrive. But if you are really keen, go right ahead mate.

300477 - an extra stereo kit is fine, and i'll wait for you to let me know about the brake lines - be quick about it.

THX - A shorty antenna is no probs.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 05:38 PM

dont worry about the brake lines this time, I'll just get the relocation kit on the first order.

Thanx for organising this Evo8DownUnder
Old Jul 13, 2004, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Hi
be interested to see how you go, i am seriously thinking about a set of MR headlights
Old Jul 15, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Just to let you all know that I have emailed Chris asking for a final price on our order including UPS/FedEx freight to Sydney. I can organise to get it delivered to Forster from there.

I have been thinking about how to divvy up the 'extras' we will encounter, such as freight, GST, duties, customs charges etc......... we'll have to discuss this further. If anyone has any ideas i'm all ears, but i'm tossing a few things around in my head to make it fair for everyone. More later.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo8DownUnder
Just to let you all know that I have emailed Chris asking for a final price on our order including UPS/FedEx freight to Sydney. I can organise to get it delivered to Forster from there.

I have been thinking about how to divvy up the 'extras' we will encounter, such as freight, GST, duties, customs charges etc......... we'll have to discuss this further. If anyone has any ideas i'm all ears, but i'm tossing a few things around in my head to make it fair for everyone. More later.
Great work.

Personally I think a percentage of extra costs to out total purchase cost. Does this make sense.

Say my items are 20% of the total item cost, I pay 20% of the extra costs. Seems reasonably fair. I am all ears about any other possibilites though.

Thanks again

THX1138
Old Jul 15, 2004, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

is it too late to order a car cover???? I really want one. Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 06:13 PM

Try and get him to mark the container down in value a bit, so if customs pick up on it, you won't get stung as much. Alternatively maybe mark it "No commercial value", but that may get their attention.

Could also try "Warranty Replacement" also to avoid the duties, not 100% sure if that works though.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SPESHAL
Try and get him to mark the container down in value a bit, so if customs pick up on it, you won't get stung as much. Alternatively maybe mark it "No commercial value", but that may get their attention.

Could also try "Warranty Replacement" also to avoid the duties, not 100% sure if that works though.
Way ahead of you My dad imports parts for our biz at times so has given me the 411 on how to get around charges.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by THX1138
Great work.

Personally I think a percentage of extra costs to out total purchase cost. Does this make sense.

Say my items are 20% of the total item cost, I pay 20% of the extra costs. Seems reasonably fair. I am all ears about any other possibilites though.

Thanks again

THX1138
Great idea. We'll 'proportion' what part of the final cost is each person's, and then split up any extras based on that proportion.

As SPESHAL noted, it is a good idea to ask them to mark the cost of the bits down a bit for duty reasons, and I had already asked Chris to do this.

I will get back to you on the car cover evo8oz.

Pete
Old Jul 17, 2004, 08:51 PM

Hi DownUnder could you post some pics of the stereo relocation kit? I have looked at the lancer shop web site could not find any reference to the kit.

Thanks
Old Jul 17, 2004, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Look under the 'maintenance' link - it's in there. No idea why, but thats where they put it.

I've finalised the order, so it will have to wait until next time, sorry.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 01:20 AM

Ive been away for a few days, so where are we at?

The order is in ?

When and how do u want payment Evo8DownUnder ?

Quick Reply: lancershop.com order