Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Ebay Buyers Beware!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2005, 06:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ebay Buyers Beware!!!!

Well eastern overseas in there infinite wisdom has decided to further ruin this industry by cloning another product and pawning it off as the real thing.

XS power / ssautochrome (yes they are the same company) whom have made themselves famous for copying product ie: Turbos for $300 that blow up in a week, knock off Tial BOV's that sieze etc have decided to clone our FMIC kit. To top things off they are using our exact intercooler and LICP pictures as advertisments. Now i Have filed fraud issues with Ebay and other agencies to resolve this matter but I wanted to bring this to your attention.

The intercoolers they are selling are NOT THE AMS FMIC. they are claiming the exact same flow numbers but the core is NOT an AMS CORE. please do not be swindled by the rediculously low price. We cannot even buy the core alone for that price. Its bad enough when internet companies bring down the price of a product but when a company takes the engineering and R&D from another product to bastardize it on ebay it will RUIN this hobby. What will happen when overseas companies copy all the products in this industry and companies like AMS, RNR, ATP Bushur etc cant afford to make them. Bye bye good parts and hello crap.

You can do your part in this by avoiding this company and others like it. If it looks to good to be true it really is. Tell your friends. put these companies out of business. patronize the shops that develop new product not the companies that steal the design to make a quick buck.

thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope it made a dent

sincerely,
Eric Gaudi
Sales manager
www.amsperformance.com

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Nov 14, 2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old May 6, 2005, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At my company we have to deal w/ Chinese knock-offs all the time. Hopefully, people will understand that these parts are inferior and are made in sweat shops by people that are basically slaves.

The ebay exhaust manifolds are a perfect example of slave wages and inferior materials. I can't even buy the materials for the same cost as those manifolds cost complete and my company purchases over a million dollars of steel a year. That doesn't even include the cost of my fabricators.

Just keep up the good work AMS.
Old May 7, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

That's terrible, sorry to hear, I hope you get it resolved.
Old May 7, 2005, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the head up
but then again I NEVER buy things from eBay that have to do with car parts
Old May 7, 2005, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

there they go again applying the rice theory!
Old May 7, 2005, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Damn that is crapy.... damn ripoff beaiotchs
Old May 7, 2005, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

bump so everyone can read.
Old May 7, 2005, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Just keep up your good work guys, just don't forget for every heaven there is a hell. Just BRUSH your shoulders off...... ....... You guys are pimpan hardcore anyways!!! Fast evo in the 1/4 and fast evo in RR... PERIOD...
Old May 7, 2005, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

I almost decided to get an exhaust manifold off ebay that ssautochrome was selling. The price was really cheap and it looked like it was of good quality however I decided not to get it because it didn't fit my application. I ended up getting another exhaust manifold off ebay for twice the price and the brand was more well known but it fit my application. Thanks for the info about the knock-offs I will pass it on.
Old May 7, 2005, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the info, good looking out
Old May 7, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Eric,

sorry to hear about that bro and good luck in your fight. you guys are doing great things and it is a shame that other people are trying to steal from you.

i am stickying this thread for you so all the members can see this and help you with your battle.

Snir
Old May 9, 2005, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that country line was done by someone else. not a member of this shop. If it offended anyone we do appoligize. Moderators if you could remove that as well as other posts relating to it we would be gratefull.

Eric
Old May 9, 2005, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

you got it buddy
Old May 10, 2005, 07:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2005, 07:52 AM

you guys should watermark all your images with your trademark. It would make it more difficult to steal the images.... just a thought

Quick Reply: Ebay Buyers Beware!!!!