Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS Willwood EVO 8/9 Lightweight Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump for a brake kit that has caught my eye Eric

I just might order something from you guys after all

Looks like a very nice kit for the money.... anyone using this for street driving and wanna chime in?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:42 PM
Former Sponsor

AMS is the best, nobody makes parts as nice as them.
The Genius, of Martin Musial!!

Sean
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vwjeff
Bump for a brake kit that has caught my eye Eric

I just might order something from you guys after all

Looks like a very nice kit for the money.... anyone using this for street driving and wanna chime in?
I drove around a lot on the street with mine and for everyday stoping I coudn't tell any diffrence between these and the Brembos but when I went for a "spirted" drive through the mountians they did fade pretty quick.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Jeff,

The kit is great for the car that likes to play around every once in a while but not looking to run a 20 minute session on the road course.

stopping ability in a pinch is just as great as the stock brembo's but over excessive repeated stops they will fade a little faster then the stock unit.

Eric
Old Apr 15, 2008, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
AMS is the best, nobody makes parts as nice as them.
The Genius, of Martin Musial!!

Sean
Sean you are too kind!

Eric
Old Apr 15, 2008, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

I've used two sets of the same light weight brakes. One set on my Evo IX and one set on OKIX's car. Both sets made the same sounds out of the rear brakes, very loud squeel after they warm up. I pulled them both at different times to try to stop the noise, but couldn't get it to stop. As for braking, I would agree that there was no noticeable difference in normal daily driving. Tony said that after 3 or 4 hotlaps at the dragstrip, he did notice some fade. Overall we've been satisfied with their performance and would buy them again. I just wish they weren't so noisy. Fronts have been fine, it's just the rears that make the noise.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like a nice product.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrcox
I drove around a lot on the street with mine and for everyday stoping I coudn't tell any diffrence between these and the Brembos but when I went for a "spirted" drive through the mountians they did fade pretty quick.
Thaxs for the input man

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Thanks Jeff,

The kit is great for the car that likes to play around every once in a while but not looking to run a 20 minute session on the road course.

stopping ability in a pinch is just as great as the stock brembo's but over excessive repeated stops they will fade a little faster then the stock unit.

Eric
Thank you Eric. The rear's are go for sure. I need to recuperate from the Buschur build a bit. But I will be in touch, you have my word .

Not sure on the front though. Why are these not drilled like the rears Eric? Maybe there would be less fade.... i dunno?

Originally Posted by 9sec9
I've used two sets of the same light weight brakes. One set on my Evo IX and one set on OKIX's car. Both sets made the same sounds out of the rear brakes, very loud squeel after they warm up. I pulled them both at different times to try to stop the noise, but couldn't get it to stop. As for braking, I would agree that there was no noticeable difference in normal daily driving. Tony said that after 3 or 4 hotlaps at the dragstrip, he did notice some fade. Overall we've been satisfied with their performance and would buy them again. I just wish they weren't so noisy. Fronts have been fine, it's just the rears that make the noise.
Thank you Tom! I seen you had them on the IX when Buscur built it and I got to snooping around and for this wounderful looking brake kit AMS sells. I didnt know you put them on Tonys car. I am glad to hear people are using these brakes
Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hopper
^^ Yea just fronts right? do 15's fit on the back with the stock rear calipers/rotors?
+1
Old May 2, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff

Not sure on the front though. Why are these not drilled like the rears Eric? Maybe there would be less fade.... i dunno?
Bump Eric
Old May 4, 2008, 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Jeff- I have them and they are fine for daily driving. Just keep in mind if you do the rears you lose the parking brake. They are well worth the money in my opinion.
Old May 5, 2008, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Jeff- I have them and they are fine for daily driving. Just keep in mind if you do the rears you lose the parking brake. They are well worth the money in my opinion.
You loose the rear parking brake

Thanks for the input Brian.