Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS Flight Crew weekend maneuvers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well.... u can prob do it at 120 if you werNt lookin at the speedo and just watchin the trak!.......
Old Jun 27, 2006, 04:27 AM
Evolving Member

Wink

What? You mean you can't drive fast and look at the speedo too? Just Kiddin. But really it is no different than clippin a look in the mirror. And sometimes you end up doing that at turn in which is even more critical. At the apex, you are pretty much along for the ride if you fully committed at the entry anyways.

Mark
Old Jun 27, 2006, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Thats how I do it.. just a quick glimpse at the Apex.

When people autocross, most of the time they turn the rearview mirror away so they won't be tempted to look if they thought they hit a cone. I would always leave mine alone, and depending on the part of the course I was on, I would look back. I figured it was good practice for road racing.

Plus this weekend with the traffic one of the ways we could really tell what the improvements were doing was to look at corner speeds as we got each one of them without traffic. The data aquisition systems are new to us, so in case we had teething problems I wanted to have some idea of speeds.

Jon K
Old Jun 27, 2006, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by markdaddio
But really it is no different than clippin a look in the mirror.
So Mark, you were looking in the mirrors making sure you didn't have to point anyone by right?

Jon K
Old Jun 27, 2006, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by racerjon1
So Mark, you were looking in the mirrors making sure you didn't have to point anyone by right?

Jon K
Oh yea, we were just getting run over left and right. If we were out with the gt1 corvette we may have needed the mirrors though.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 09:03 AM
Former Sponsor

im not a speedo kinda guy......... actualy.. after 7 races... i still dont know where the speedo is ont eh dash in the #80 car......