Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Check out these Taskuba meet pics! REAL!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2007, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dayton_EVO
Damn! I've never seen so many A048r's in my life in one place.
Nice rides, wish I could be there.
Someone needs to organize a massive EvoM trip there.

Later
J-OnDemand always organizes trips over there ;-). Man, looking at those pics,...oh crap, wet my pants again, heheheh
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:00 AM
Account Disabled

We sure do =D we have 11 people signed up already. =D coming with us, you will experience something you cant with other groups
Old Jun 21, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Cheater tires" are you refering to the G/S compound A-048 ? Also they have a new one now the A-050!
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JondemandSales
We sure do =D we have 11 people signed up already. =D coming with us, you will experience something you cant with other groups
Yeah, but how much and when? Hell, my kids and wife are into these things as well so I could not leave them behind. I've been trying to afford a trip to Japan for over 20 years now, and it just keeps getting more expensive. Also, my Japanese sucks now since I don't practice the language anymore.
Post up the info and I'll see what I can manage for a family of five.

Later
Old Jun 23, 2007, 12:49 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by chronohunter
Just because they say something on the outside doesn't mean that's what they actually are, they tend to build competition versions of the tires for their market that you and I can't buy. You should hear the drift guys talk about the differences between their A048s vs ours (for example)...

Remember, as an example, the EVO OE A046 comes in different compounds all around the World (depending on the market) and still goes buy the same name.

Don't you guys think/believe that if JDM time attack rules allowed for softer versions of tires than the U.S. rules that they would be built and they run them in Japan? They'd specifically set their cars up for those tires/rules right? Then when they'd come over they would want to run on the tire package that they set there car up on, not change to our slower wider tires. The tires here in the U.S. are just as high tech but not as soft due to our rules package so it's not like the build "better" tires in Japan either.

The problem though is that their tires are stickier so it gives them an unfair advantage. Same deal with their safety rules, they don't have to meet the same specs so the cars are a 100 or so pounds lighter.

This all seem pretty simple to me, if you guys have a problem with this then you really are just being "JDM fanboys" after all. We just want a level playing field so the best team wins (is that unfair?)
So a USDM A048 is actually skinnier and less sticky than a JDM A048? Both tires are labeled the same but are actually different. I see.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 04:49 AM
Account Disabled

Dayton Evo, here is a thread on it. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=j-ondemand
so far we have 11 people going. last time we took a family with their mother and even she had fun. we do group discounts on family since they can share hotel rooms.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Nice photos.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 06:55 AM

Automotive Nirvana. Plain and simple, and it even had one of my other favorite Mitsubishi (GTO). Everyone should visit this place before they die.