Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Innovate motorsports OT-2 Wideband bundle review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2010, 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Innovate motorsports OT-2 Wideband bundle review

Recently we installed a wideband Air Fuel Meter on our Shop GT-R from Innovate motorsports and thanks to the OT-2 we didn't even have to mount a gauge in the car

The OT-2 is a great on board diagnostic tool that requires just about zero installation. The nicest feature of the system is its ability to have a wideband sensor input allowing a user to have a gauge in the car without actually installing a gauge thanks to Bluetooth technology.

OT-2: http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/innovat...-interface.html
OT-2 Wideband bundle: http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/innovat...-interface.html

Below is a review by Scott Priebe a technician at AMS

It’s rare that a product comes through these doors that really makes me say “that’s pretty darn cool”. But I must say, the Innovate OT-2 Bluetooth meter did just that and more, as I began working with it and finding all of the different features that is has to offer my enthusiasm for how awesome this device is grew. With the OT-2 you can monitor all of the sensor readings your ECU sees right from your iPhone or iPod touch. As if that wasn’t enough this device features a virtual dyno, obd2 scanner and an efficiency meter to even help you be more fuel efficient. Installation couldn’t be easier, you simply plug it into your obd2 port, download the Logworks program that is available for free from the iTunes store and connect. It’s simple as that. Also with the OT-2 you can turn your iPhone or iPod touch into a wireless wideband air fuel ratio meter. This setup fit the bill perfectly when it came time to install a wideband into our New Nissan R35 GT-R here at the shop. These vehicles have beautiful interiors and the idea of not having to mount a gauge while still being able to monitor the A/F ratio at any time sounded so perfect. I was able to install both the OT-2 and the LC-1 wideband easily and cleanly, you can’t even tell they are on the car.

Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice...a wireless gauge, obdii scanner, datalogger and dyno.

There's an install video on their website too:

http://www.ot-2.com/Install.html
Old Sep 1, 2010, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is awesome that it works with the iPhone, do they offer this for evos?

Last edited by bosox28; Sep 1, 2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bosox28
That is awesome that it works with the iPhone, do they offer this for evos?
It works with any OBDII vehicle, including EVOs. I plugged mine in and displayed MAP, intake air temp and air/fuel ratio (I used an LC-1). It takes less than 1 minute to install.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Cool, needs Android port. I won't buy an apple.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeanC
It works with any OBDII vehicle, including EVOs. I plugged mine in and displayed MAP, intake air temp and air/fuel ratio (I used an LC-1). It takes less than 1 minute to install.
That's what I figured, I just saw that it was listed under GTR so I didn't know if there was anything vehicle specific. I may have to get this when I get my evo soon.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Does anyone know if this is something I could hook the serial output of my Zeitronix ZT-2 up to? And would the MAP reading be the same as boost or should I say be as accurate as a boost gauge?

Last edited by 4xforce; Sep 3, 2010 at 07:00 PM.