Notices

can someone tell me what this is?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2005, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can someone tell me what this is?

i got a 2004 lancer es and since winter came along EVERY time i start the car in the morning and the engine temp is cold i hear this almost like rattle sound that sounds like its comming from somewere in the dash air vent the defrosting one. sort of sounds like something fell down the vent and the air is moveing it all around makeing the rattleing sound. i know its not that because no air would be on. but like i said it only makes this sound when the engine temp is cold (gauge reads below 0 mark) and the rpms are below 1000rpms it stops as soon as the engine gets more worm or when RPMs are above 1000. (example: cars on and temp gauge is below 0 mark, while im in park it does not back the sound but as soon as i put it in gear and the rpms go down the sound start. if i start driveing the sound stop untill i come to a stop and rpms drop, it will stop makeing the sound completly after engine temp goes up a BIT, acouple min of driveing does it.) is this sound normal? can someone please tell me whats up with this????????

another strange sound i heard acouple times is when i start the car up after sitting through a really cold night. it makes the sound right when i turn the key and just before the engine starts. the sound is somewhat loud and it almost sounds like came from some place in the car/behind dash/around that area. all i know is that it dont sound right at all, any ideas on what this is?? or is it normal? it made this sound around 3 times total.

sry for goin on but it bugging me and i want to know if this is normal or something i should get looked at before the worst happen. thanks in advance

jason
Old Jan 1, 2005, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

if it's ticking sound when it's old, it's normal

when you turn the key, it will make a few clicking sounds, that's normal too

-joe
Old Jan 1, 2005, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

If it doesn't affect the performance / reliability of your car I wouldn't worry too much about it. But if noise you're hearing becomes persistent and/or affects the car, take it to the dealer and have them sort it out... It just may a be a warranty issue... Let them stress over it... They don't say "they're the best backed cars in the world" for no reason.

Worse case scenario, if you do take it to the dealer and the refuse to investigate your matter, that would be false advertising, wouldn't it?
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:52 PM

nope no diffrence in performance. kool so everything is good, i was reading the manual and it said u might hear sounds when just starting but they go away after driveing so i guess its normal. thanks for the help