Notices

winter tires?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Tirerack.com, even with all the fees, they're cheaper than any canadian company.
It depends what the exhange rate is. At this moment, shipping included it is more expensive on TireRack than buying at my local shop.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spooky_Neo
It depends what the exhange rate is. At this moment, shipping included it is more expensive on TireRack than buying at my local shop.
proves that point that 3 months ago was the best time to buy stuff from the states Winter Tires or intakes or anything
Old Dec 22, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooky_Neo
I just bought a set of LM-25s and even with shipping, customs and the exchange rate, I came in under what a local canadian site (which claims to have the lowest prices possible) would have charged for just the tires.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
I just bought a set of LM-25s and even with shipping, customs and the exchange rate, I came in under what a local canadian site (which claims to have the lowest prices possible) would have charged for just the tires.
yes it depends on the tires. Some tires are way more expensive in Canada.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by czapski
What places do you guys recommend buying winters from? I wasn't going to buy some but after experiencing how bad the stocks really are I feel like I'm gonna die everytime I drive.

Also a question cause I have seen this. Can you just get winters for the front tires and leave the back with the stocks? Downfalls to that? Thanx. Oh I'm in GTA.
All the shops and tire stores I've ever been to have signs at the counter that say they will only replace or install winter tires in 4 NOT 2. Like Revox said you have a tendency for your back to spin out when you corner.