Notices

I can install clearbra and graphix. etc.. in barrie!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can install clearbra and graphix. etc.. in barrie!

Hey i was just letting peoples here know that i can install clearbra and all graphics, plus i have the best connections to prices, and i can design using illustrator myself. If any1 needs a hand with anything or maybe a local quick job or something on their lancer (no other cars, im doing the favor for lancer club peeps :P) Let me know!

I dont buy the clearbra packs. I find they dont get exactly what i want, i mean the whole bumpers pvc, and wont rus / chip near as bad as the hood. same with the mirrors and stuff. And with the hood i do a full sheet of clearbra as far up and much as it can cover. Thats the real problem us lancer owners have is the hood. chips = noticeable and = rust soon enough. Rust is the ultamite killer. i hate it lol. So as for that, ill only do the hood, it would be cheap, i mean alot cheaper than dealers of the stuff. And im 3m certified (dont ask for my ticket, i burned it by accident. lol)

Anyhow if any1 has any projects or graphics they wanna do, send me a pm!. I get pretty bored out in the boonies around Barrie so i got time sometimes lol. So that north of toronto 30 minutes.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 08:27 PM

is it possible to get a clear tape on the rear bottom panel to prevent more chips?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tonic25
is it possible to get a clear tape on the rear bottom panel to prevent more chips?
Yuppers. Could u maybe point it out in a picture? Or give me a size of the piece it would take to cover one side?

See u dont need a cutter to cut the vinyl to the kit specs, I can just hand cut most stuff so aslong as its in my range, i can do it.

Btw i havent quite found out where the chips are gonna be yet cause my SE is only a couple months old. lol. Let me know!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:37 AM

right there

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...ngravel002.jpg
Old Aug 1, 2009, 08:54 AM

Yeah most defidently could do that spot. It would look something like this.(but clear obveusly)

Im going to get a hold of my 3m dealer and do that exact area on my own vehicle(within this coming week) Too see how ez that custom spot would be. And i will post pics and we can talk more than!. But that is do-able.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

how much to do the entire front end of a 335 coupe?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 10:43 PM

Well let me know!
Old Aug 3, 2009, 03:22 PM

Tomorrow ill contact my dealer and find out how much itl be once i do mine Tonic. Wont be to much at all, prob like 50 bucks. Dont quote me on that. As for the 335 coupe. What parts of the front end do u want covered.? Piece the bumper in and cover the hood?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 03:54 PM

Well let me know once you are done with it and the final price, i dont feel like paying 1000$ at the dealership for that, i used to have the hood on my other car and its cost me a fortune but on that one i just want the rear panel....
Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE= As for the 335 coupe. What parts of the front end do u want covered.? Piece the bumper in and cover the hood?[/QUOTE]

want the from bumper, headlights, hood, part of the fenders that would get chipped and the side mirrors. please let me know ASAP! PM me once you know.

cheers!
Old Aug 4, 2009, 03:31 PM

so some not so good news. According to the companys i deal with, which isnt different from other chipguard companys. They dont sell chipguard by the linear yard anymore. Id have to buy a full 40 yard roll. x48 inches (nobody wants seems on the hood = fail). And ill be honest with you about my cost. it would be about 2500 dollars for it. Now when a company charges 1000 for a hood and fenders(not front) thats only about 2-300 dollars in material. Application is a bit tough. But not 700 dollars profit for 1 hour work. and one guy. Thats why i wish i could help but i just cant afford to stock a roll on my own. Sorry guys! dident know they dont do that anymore. But if any1 buys a kit. Ill gladly install it myself. Goto this site.
http://www.chipguard.com/
They sell kits, still a bit pricey but cheaper than some dealers.
Unless i could get about 10 people to commit. lol my 21 year old budget cant do it!
Seriously sorry for that inconvienence. Sucks for me too, id like to do my car aswell

But i guess ill have to wrap my car instead with 3m Controltac. And do some sort of graphic.