Notices

Driving schools in Quebec and Ontario

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving schools in Quebec and Ontario

I am not sure if this is the place to post, but it does address directly to the Canadian Evo owners.
These guys run an outstanding driving and race school, and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to drive the car to the max, in a safe enviroment.

They have been doing it for over 12 years.
2 of the chief instructors now have EVO Xs...lol

Here is the info.

Registration has now opened for the AISA Academy taking place April 17-18 2010 at Autodrome St-Eustache and May 7-8-9 at Calabogie Motorsport Park. There will be an evening theory course the week prior to the event and then 2 days on track where you will complete a practical course of over 300kms.

You will learn all the techniques necessary to make you a proficient and safe driver, whether it be for lapping, Solosport, autocross or roadracing. In the past, most drivers in Touring and GT took schools with our instructors to get their licence, and even now our students take the school because they feel the need to learn the correct basics, have pratical experience and take their driving to a higher level both in safety and in control.

In our school you will provide the car (which makes the most sense since you will learn with the same car you get to drive everyday, easier for applying your new found technique) Don't worry about our track record, as our instructors have a flawless reputation: over 1200 graduates in 11 years, most of them champions and front-runners in Touring, GT, 1600 and Solosport... there has never incurred any serious damage to any students car other than minimal brake wear and tire wear.

We will cover:

-driving in tight groups (vision)
-driving position including body and hand positioning
-heel & toe and downshifting (the right way)
-threshold braking and acceleration and their subtleties
-the ideal racing lines and car control at the limit
-passing (under brakes, acceleration, drafting, etc..)
-physics involved in a (race) car
-mental aspect (racecraft)
-how to listen to and feel your car
-race starts simulations , flags ,security and event officials

Our newly revamped manual is by far the most complete and professional in North America. Our instructors make up the very best and most diverse team ever! (4-5 students per teacher assure you the right ratio for the best results).

The cost of this school for St-Eustache,is $500.

The cost of this school for Calabogie, if paid before February 28th will be at $800.00 taxes included and after that if space permits, $900.

About the school

The instructors of the AISA Academy have been working together since 1998, the team is united again to offer the absolute best training in amateur motorsports in Canada.

Our comprehensive and progressive curriculum provides you with a solid base on which to build on and allows you to progress at a pace that you feel comfortable with. You will be amazed as to what level of understanding and competence that your driving elevate to, all that in a safe and controlled environment.

We teach awareness, precision and to be in touch with your racing environment. Once mastered, the technique of speed comes quite easily. Speed and safety are the rewards of profound awareness of your environment.

With over 1200 student drivers in 11 years, our students are from different age groups and from all walks of life however they all have one thing in common: they all have trusted the Academy for their driver training. Many of our student return for a 2nd school and others come back a third time.

Students wanting accreditation for motorsport events: AISA will offer a targeted tuition and an in depth program. Admissibility to this program depends on previous experience. Motorsports is a serious sport and we make sure our graduates have adequate abilities to manage a competitive environment and drive in a safe manner.

Either way, the Academy is great way to spend time on the track with excellent instruction.

Alumni of our Academy can be seen winning or front runners as well as “rookie of the year” in most of the solosport championships, Touring, GT, F1600, Echo Cup both with FSAQ and CASC-OR.

Here is a comment from one of last year’s participants.

Thank you,

AISA
---------------------------------------------------------
Hi Guys,

Over the last eight years I've been to many performance driving and racing schools hosted by many organizations, each with differing levels of organization/structure, curriculum, instructor talent, track time and costs. The AISA schools I have attended are *by far* the best in all categories.

AISA focuses on developing the driver.
- AISA schools maximize seat time. With one organization's lapping day + 2-day school, I did 500km over 3 days -- with AISA at the same track, I did 600km in two days. The track is ALWAYS in use, often split into sections to get multiple groups on the track at once.
- AISA schools groups students by experience. This is a HUGE benefit to all because the curriculum and instructors are focused: Beginners will go through exercises teaching basics of car control and safety, Advanced students receive training to improve performance. All the cars you share the track with are of similar experience, which makes for more comfortable and safer lapping due to similar speeds and experience levels. (At other schools with mixed groups is frustrating for the advanced driver, uncomfortable for the beginner, and less safe for all.. ..As an 'advanced' driver, I've had situations where my 9/10th's through a corner has been 100km/h+ faster than a 'beginner' driver's 9/10ths...)
- AISA schools bring in THE BEST instructors, including performance driver trainers, professional racing coaches, and professional racing drivers. Even the instructors are split across groups based on the instructor's best-fit to training beginners or experienced racers. They are there to teach you, not for free track time.

More seat time, better curriculum, best instructors at reasonable prices = maximum value.

-Lee Watterworth

For more info or registration forms, PM me or call me at 450 662 8886
Old Feb 5, 2010, 05:02 PM

It's a great driving school! Instructors are really patient and helpful... Lookig forward to this summer!!!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Jamie?,

Have you been to our Monday night sessions or the Acedemy in the spring?
I am trying to place you....
Old Feb 7, 2010, 06:38 AM

Yes I was. I had the Graphite Grey Lancer Evolution!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Nice! Are you planning to return in 2010?

We have nice lapping days as well.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by BBQman

Check your PM!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

PM replied, sorry didn't see it earlier.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by BBQman

For sure I'll be back! I'll probably enroll for the lapping days also if time permits!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 01:35 PM

Hey sounds pretty cool, i'll try to contact a few of my buddies this sounds like it will be a very complete day!

Cheers,

Phil
Old Feb 11, 2010, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Best school there is.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Since the post is new on the Evo forum, I can extend the Pre registration price until the end of the month if there are members interested.

St-Eustache has about 10 spots left and Calabogie has 20 left.

If would be nice to see a few Evos on the track!!!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

2013 dates- thread update.

This year the academy has two venues for those who wish to take our course.

Autodrome St-Eustache on April 19 – 21st. Cost is $500
Calabogie Motorsports Park on May 3rd – 5th. Cost is $800

Registration forms can be found in the ASE Club section of the Perry Performance & Competition website. http://www.perryautolaval.com

Calabogie Form – http://www.perryautolaval.com/eventdocs/aisaCMP2013.pdf
Autodrome St Eustache Form – http://www.perryautolaval.com/eventdocs/aisaASE2013.pdf

For more information, contact: Carl Wener, (450) 662-8886
carl@perryautolaval.com