Notices

04 Ralliart Performance parts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2004, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Ralliart Performance parts

Hey all you 04 Ralliart owner's in Toronto, Canada. I'm a newbie to this site, but as soon as I bought my 04 Ralliart I was hard at work trying to find performance parts for my Mitsu. I came across RRM but they're based in the States and if you've ever bought anything from there....you know you get killed in Taxes/duties. I finally found a Mitsubishi Dealership in the Toronto area that will install a short Air intake and cat back exhaust system (with warranty). The only problem is that it looks like it will be a lot for both pieces. I was quoted $1,100CDN for the exhaust which seems kind of expensive considering it's not a Greddy system etc. They are getting a price for the air intake soon....and maybe making a package price for both I was told. I was looking at customizing everything through my shop......which would be a lot cheaper, but I was thinking that if enough Ralliart owners wanted to purchase the package we might be able to get a special package plan. Let me know if you would be interested in this. e-mail me or leave a reply.............what's happening with the Toronto Lancer club?
Old Jan 21, 2004, 05:42 AM
jtc
Evolving Member

Don't get it through the dealership. I get all my stuff off eBay, and as long as you tell the shipper to mark the item as "gift", you can bypass brokerage fees.

Or wait a little bit, I'm sure you'll see a few more parts around. There's some stuff you can DIY too, just take a look at my profile, you'll see I made my own intake for $25 USD.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:00 AM
Account Disabled

$1100 for the catback exhaust....ROFLMAO. Anyone who pays that is stupid.

I paid $700 or so for my GReddy cat-back from RRM.

For $1100 that thing better be HKS Titinium.

p.s. you're only going to get like 2hp out of an intake or exhaust, so don't spend too much.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Hey that's what I was thinking too....that it was way too much but the only thing that I was thinking was that Mitsubishi would still Warranty the car and there would be no problems. I'm just a little frustrated because the car is so new...there is hardly anything around. I was just thinking that if there was enough people that wanted this then we might be able to get it for a lot cheaper. They are offering this package to U.S. residents for $680US for both...that's why I think we can get a good package deal maybe? Just a thought. My shop and I are working on some custom intakes, exhaust etc. I had the first Acura 1.6el turbocharged straight from the dealership in 97...polished engine,suspension, brakes....etc. Since it was a civic si platform..I had everything at my disposal......vs my Ralliart...where I have to wait or buy from the US....frustrating....Thanks for the comments
Old Jan 25, 2004, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Hey everyone... my shop made a intake for my Ralliart and I'm going to get my exhaust done at Hot Rod Scott's in Toronto with manderal bends at 2.5 inch. So that means I'm not looking at Mitsubishi's intake and exhaust anymore. By the way, the custom intake works great and has a nice growl to it.