Notices

Newbie looking to buy a lancer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2004, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie looking to buy a lancer

Hi guys

I live in the gta, north york to be exact.
Anyway, i'm in the market for a new car and thought about buying a lancer.

My question for you is, IF i buy an auto is there a kit out there that can convert it into a manual?
My 2nd question is, is there a turbo kits available in canada for lancer? What i meant to say is, is there a turbo kits that's especially made for lancers or do we have to custom fit it.
My 3rd question is, what kind of body kits are available in the market for lancers?
How much do they cost?

And my last question is, is the lancers cheap on insurance? That's one of the reason why i'm thinking of getting one.

Thanks for all the help.

Please feel free to give me any more suggestions or opinions you might have.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 05:32 PM

I don't knw that much about parts availability in Canada as I haven't been in the market for them (cause I'm too poor), and to my knowledge, the kits everyone knows about are from RRM and 1 from ebay can be ordered through places like JRP, etc.. But I actually just wanted to post this pic of Accolade's Evo VII kit 9I think it can be ordered)..which is my favorite kit-
Old Mar 15, 2004, 06:06 PM

I like that kit too
Will that kit fit the lancers in canada? Cause the site keep on mentioning for US lancers so i'm just curious
Old Mar 15, 2004, 06:11 PM

Ah well I do know that when they say "US Lancer" they mean the North American Lancer, in otherwords, all (regular, ie:non-evo) Lancers sold in Canada and the US from '02+. Also, this kit is intended for the '02/'03 US Lancer. Just do a search for Evo VII and the thread is huge
Old Mar 15, 2004, 06:18 PM

Ok, i will thanks
can anybody else answer the rest of my questions?
By the way, those body kits made from accolade, are they durable? I'm not quite familiar with that material that they're using.
I thought carbon fiber was supposed to be the best for body kit.
Please forgive me for asking silly questions, i'm just getting into the modding world.
Remember we all start from somewhere!!
Old Mar 15, 2004, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

no one that i know of has done an auto to manual conversion...why would you want to?? manual is cheaper in the first place so why wouldn't you just buy manual?? seems like a big waste of money to me

yes there are turbo kits available for the 2003 lancer, not sure about the 2004...both RRM and RPW have them...there might be another manufacturer as well but im'm not sure...also, RIPP makes a supercharger kit for the 03 and there is a gb happening VERY soon for it

as for body kits there are a bunch for the 03's but i haven't seen any for the 04's yet...here are the available ones for the 03: apex, kaminari, ken style I and II, evo VII, and c-west...they vary from about $500 to about $3000, some require you to remove the re-bar from either the front or back bumpers and some don't

lancers are pretty cheap on insurance since they are 4-door, considered an economy car, and have low hp

good luck on your new buy!!
Old Mar 16, 2004, 06:50 AM

What's the # are we going to be getting at the wheel with the trubo or the supercharger?
Does it have stages?
How much would it cost for a turbo or a supercharge setup?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2004, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by Dr Crash

as for body kits there are a bunch for the 03's but i haven't seen any for the 04's yet...here are the available ones for the 03: apex, kaminari, ken style I and II, evo VII, and c-west...they vary from about $500 to about $3000, some require you to remove the re-bar from either the front or back bumpers and some don't
Since when does C-West make a kit for the 02-03 Lancer?
Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

there are multiple stages for both setups...turbos start around 170 to the floor if i'm not mistaken and can go up to over 300 from what i've heard, just go to RRM's website or RPW's website they have all the details about stages and hp, torque gains

for supercharger info, go here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=64150
basically stage 2 is intercooled and gives you 222hp at the wheels on stock internals!! there is a gb being set up within the month that will have crazy prices since the manufacturer is running it...i'm planning on picking one up

the c-west thread is here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=c+west+kit
the kit is already being made for the evo and i've actually seen a couple with this kit...looks so tight...the lancer one should be coming soon
Old Mar 29, 2004, 12:42 AM

C-west does make bodykits and for answering some of the question above....sorry if i answered it again becuase i just skimmed read everything...just trying to help answer elcoholic's questions in case anyone had missed them.

1st- Dr. Crash is right u might as well start out with manual..since it is cheaper..but i think there is no specialty kit made for a converision..but if you do get it ..you probabli be spending more...but it could be done so yeah
2nd-there is no turbo kit esp. made for lancers yet (from my source) but the best way if you are willing to spend the dough...the best way is to get a custom turbo kit......and please keep in mind you have to change a lot of stuff to support the turbo
3rd-bodykit ranges in cost as you can buy them in a kit/half kit/ just 1 piece etc.
Old Mar 29, 2004, 08:43 AM

Kobe, Kobe, Kobe...there are SEVERAL turbo kits out there, some less than ideal, and others cost a frickin' fortune. Just 'cause it's out of your budget doesn't mean it's not there
Old Mar 29, 2004, 01:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

LAMO
Old Mar 29, 2004, 01:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

opps you know what i ment *LMAO* what ever
Old Mar 29, 2004, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

yes actually, several companies offer kits too; RRM, RPW, etc. and there are several stages available from basic non-intercooled, to full race setup. and if you go with even a basic intercooled kit, a full kit comes with everything you need to run low boost on your stock internals. many ppl say that you can safely run 6-7 psi on stock internals
Old Mar 30, 2004, 01:10 AM

graeme your the fricking one who told me there aint a turbo kit for our car and have to do a custom one through kenitic motorsports!....AND would you spend a fortune to put a turbo kit on a 26g car? unless you own a tunning shop I dont think so

Quick Reply: Newbie looking to buy a lancer