Notices

evo8 at the "mini-meet" may 8th

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2004, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crusing around town

Like my experience in Motorcycle cruising, there must be the lead car and also the final car. The course of cruise must be decided before hand, namely, the meeting point in case someone 'uncounsciously' speeding too much. The meeting point can be at the lake shore or even at the tim hortons for instance. (Anyway, just for our information, Tim Hortons between Creditview and Britania is where the Honda's guys gathered...just wondering if we should scare them or something )

Don't worry in getting lost. If we arrange everything properly, the result will be properly well done.

cheers
Old Apr 12, 2004, 06:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Dr. Fob
It seems like there will be a good number of cars at the May 8 "mini-meet". I think joy-riding is a great idea, but it could potentially be difficult for so many of us to stay in one group (slow traffic, red lights, etc.)

It will be much easier if someone is kind enough to decide on destinations and re-grouping spots along the way, and actually map out the routes so we won't get lost. Also, we can use two-way radios to keep in contact with each other.

I will definatly have my 2-way's. I think that everyone who has them should definatly bring them. They really work well for this sort of things.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

i've been on a bunch of cruises and almost never has someone gotten lost or broken off from the group....if one person gets caught at a light they usually highbeam the guy in front of them who does the same up the line and everyone slows down o rpulls over and waits as the case permits...2-ways are a great idea as well....i would suggest if it's nice weather maybe a cruise to niagara on the lake or port dalhousie or something of that nature...for the may 8th meet, since it will be at night, a smaller and more local cruise would be a better bet
Old Apr 15, 2004, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

I can bring a 2-way with me. BTW, that yellow evo with the small wing looks pretty weird to me. It needs a big wing. I'll pop my hood if Mitsu doesnt pop their's...LOLz
Old Apr 15, 2004, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

i think a cruise would be awesome don't know my way around the area but if it is well organized should not be a problem.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:05 AM

A cruise sounds good.

See you on the 8th

Later

Steve
Old Apr 16, 2004, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

The EVO 8 was at Cooksville Mitsu this past week.......it's coming on the 8th
Old Apr 16, 2004, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Dr Crash
cuz the guy that decided to post and call it a "mini-meet" didn't understand the concept....this is usually referred to as a "meet" with the big ordeal in June referred to as a "special event"...such that whenever we all get together we are having a meet and when we plan something big with vendors, prizes, etc we are having an event which is usually named....but hey, that's just my 0.02
sure I understood the concept Dr Crash....... This meet was refered to a mini meet because I didn't want everyone to get confused.....especially because....everyone in Canada is setting up meets...... also this meet was refered as "mini" because I wanted to portray to people that this meet is mini or small in comparison to the June 13th meet...... just so people don't skip work etc.....just to make it to the may 8th meet....... The June 13th meet is a big deal.....so that's why I entitled it like that
Old Apr 23, 2004, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Damn...i dont think I can attend the May 8th. My friend's graduation ceremony is that day. I hope we finish at around 4 or 5 and I'll be there around 5 or 6
Old Apr 23, 2004, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

That's too bad, TRDharrier, maybe next time.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

so TRD i guess that means you aren't going to cruise from buffalo with Dr. Fob and myself huh?? oh well, just the two of us then
Old May 2, 2004, 07:19 PM

We've spread the news around, and still spreading

In the Filipino community, it's all around and most of us with R/As, OZs, and Eclipses will be there. Thank you to all those who will support this meet!

Every car counts! Let's do a show of force that Mitsu is a "new" Japanese brand to reckon with in Canada.
Old May 6, 2004, 08:06 AM

EVO 8 Confirmed for the mini-meet on Saturday!

We have just confirmed with Mitsubishi Head Office that they are loaning us the EVO 8 for two days. Yup, the yellow one on the Auto Show with the stock rear spoiler.

Plus, Dr. Fob's

And add, TRD Harrier.

Others to confirm attendance.....
Old May 6, 2004, 08:56 AM
cih

ummm... can i borrow it ?
Old May 6, 2004, 01:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

after me you can