Notices

Gta Meet Coming From Mtl

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2004, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mitsubishi_03
if I have to drive a bit to meet up with u guys thats okay... aslong as I do end up meeting with u guys for most of it...
Directions from the west end
1. Take the 417
2. When it comes time to decide between Orlean and Montreal, take the right hand side(that one is for Montreal)
3. At around 130km/h the 417 will become the 40 within 60-70 minutes
4. Now your crossing the inter-provincial border and you are now in Quebec on the 40
5. 10-20 minutes after crossing the border you should see an exit for Valleyfield, Toronto. Take it, and you're now on the 20(ain't sure if it's east or west though).
6. Now all you gotta do is meet with Deux at a predetermined spot.

If Deux leaves Montreal at 7am, he'll reach the 20 by 7:30. So the time you leave home at all depends on the speed you want to go at and the gas you want to burn. You can leave at 6:30, burn 1/2 tank and make it there for 7:30 (trust me it can be done), or you can leave at 6, drive at conservative speed, burn 1/4 tank and make it there in time.

Got any more question, let me know
Old Jun 7, 2004, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GreenArcher
try to convince Blaze_125. We may still get him to come to the dark side.
I might be able to get off work, but I'm encoutering other issues as well. Work is not much of an issue(I can always get a doctors note or something), but money is a real pain. From Ottawa, I would spend more than 50$ only in gas and that's probably only 1 way.

But I still have over 5 days to decide, so we never know. I'll you guys know.

edit:Probably at the last minute, but I'll let you know.

Deux... if ever we do meet up on the 20, where do you want to meet. Something that would probably be easier would be to meet on the 40 at the Fila outlet. It's in Hudson. 30 minutes from downtown Montreal

Last edited by blaze_125; Jun 7, 2004 at 08:41 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll chip in a 20$ for blaze's gas Come on, who else is with me?

Oh, and mitsu03, We want you in! but going to Ottawa to get you means much more mileage for us.. We need to find a spot where we meet and drive the rest together..

Deux, any suggestion? Would that cornwall place be good for everyone?

fluke
Old Jun 7, 2004, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

BLAZE you must go! I cant be the only O-town Lancer representin!
Old Jun 7, 2004, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

All you navigation nerds start doing your thang!
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsubishi_03
All you navigation nerds start doing your thang!
Directions from the west end
1. Take the 417
2. When it comes time to decide between Orlean and Montreal, take the right hand side(that one is for Montreal)
3. At around 130km/h the 417 will become the 40 within 60-70 minutes
4. Now your crossing the inter-provincial border and you are now in Quebec on the 40
5. 10-20 minutes after crossing the border you should see an exit for Valleyfield, Toronto. Take it, and you're now on the 20(ain't sure if it's east or west though).
6. Now all you gotta do is meet with Deux at a predetermined spot.

I make that trip 2 weekends out of 3...

BTW... no need to pay my gas... if I come I should be able to pay my stuff Thanks for the offer though

Last edited by blaze_125; Jun 7, 2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:55 PM

Ok.....just go east young man...till you get to Toronto.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 06:53 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

www.mapquest.ca

http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/

enter in your adress as the starting adress and Cooksville's Adress As the Destination.
Print and take it with you. Id even switch the adresses around so you can find your way home.

Cooksville Adress is here: http://www.cooksvillemitsubishi.ca/ click on "contact"
Old Jun 8, 2004, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha u guys got it all wrong, i probably have the worst sense of direction out of us all.

if cornwall is on the way we can meet up, and i think we can also meet up somewhere on the 401, cuz i think somewhere along the line ottawa meets up with 401. u just gotta head abit south, and then west.

someone copy paste a good map from map quest, i dunno how to attach a big picture here, they changed the settings here and now its all phucked up.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 05:24 PM

Oh wait I'm dumb .....go west young man.....you wont get to Toronto going east from Ottawa.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 07:57 PM
cih

follow the smog
Old Jun 8, 2004, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

OK... I have come to a decision. I WILL BE THERE.

So now, who do I meet, where and when. Mitsubishi03, if you want to follow me from Ottawa to Montreal, meet me at the Parlement(where we met last time) at 6am sunday. Make sure you have at least 1/2 a tank. 1/2 empty or 1/2 full I don't care, just bring at least 1/2 That way you'll make it till Montreal. We're gonna fillup around Hudson so we don't get rapped by Montreal's gas price.

Deux... where do I meet you and where. Does everyone has a cell phone? On my way to Montreal I grab my 2 way radio, so the first and last car can coordinate the run.

Let me know.

BTW, how many cars are expected to show up at the meet?
Old Jun 8, 2004, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Directions from Ottawa. Estimated time from Ottawa is 4h45. Looking at the map above, looks like Montreal guys should meet with Ottawa instead of the opposite.

Estimated time from Montreal is 6 hours. So let's forget about the 2 way radios and we meet up in or around Ottawa.
Originally Posted by mapquest
1: Start out going Northwest on SOUTHPOINTE AVE toward GLENROSE CT. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto HERITAGE GLEN DR. <0.1 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto WOODROFFE AVE/REGIONAL ROUTE 15. 1.0 miles Map

4: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto PRINCE OF WALES DR/PRESCOTT HWY/REGIONAL ROUTE 73. 3.2 miles Map

5: Turn RIGHT onto BANKFIELD RD/REGIONAL ROUTE 8. 1.2 miles Map

6: Take the HWY-416 S/RTE-416 S ramp toward PRESCOTT/HWY-401/RTE-401. 0.2 miles Map

7: Merge onto PROVINCIAL ROUTE 416 S. 33.9 miles Map

8: Take the HWY-401 W exit on the left toward KINGSTON. 2.0 miles Map

9: Merge onto PROVINCIAL ROUTE 401 W. 198.3 miles Map

10: Take the EXPRESS exit on the left. 0.2 miles Map

11: Merge onto HIGHWAY 401 EXPRESS W. 28.6 miles Map

12: Take the RTE-427 S/HWY-427 S exit- exit number 352- toward Q.E.W.. 1.1 miles Map

13: Merge onto PROVINCIAL ROUTE 427 S. 0.5 miles Map

14: Take the exit toward BURNHAMTHORPE ROAD. 0.3 miles Map

15: Merge onto HIGHWAY 427 COLLECTORS S. 1.6 miles Map

16: Take the HWY-5/DUNDAS STREET exit. 0.3 miles Map

17: Take the HWY-5 W/RTE-5 O/DUNDAS ST. WEST/DUNDAS ST. OUEST ramp. <0.1 miles Map

18: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto DUNDAS ST W/PROVINCIAL ROUTE 5 W. 3.7 miles Map

19: End at 300 DUNDAS ST E ON

Last edited by blaze_125; Jun 8, 2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 09:34 PM

Blaze, glad you can make it!! I think it'll be awesome!!

Also, we're *leaving* MTL at 6AM or so.. any chance of you going in a straighter line to toronto without coming to MTL first? I definitely want to be there around 12 so I think we're really leaving MTL at 6... Is there a place that takes about the same time from MTL or Ottawa (how far is cornwall from your place?)

I don't have a cell phone either (not anymore.. used to, it broke, didn't replace it yet).

I'll try to get some 2way radios as well.. might be able to get two, that'd be for deux and myself I guess.. Hope they're compatible, we'll just have to agree on a channel..

blaze: about the gaz money, I was only trying to get you to come with us

thanks!
fluke
Old Jun 8, 2004, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by flukester
Blaze, glad you can make it!! I think it'll be awesome!!
Also, we're *leaving* MTL at 6AM or so.. any chance of you going in a straighter line to toronto without coming to MTL first?...(how far is cornwall from your place?)

I'll try to get some 2way radios as well.. might be able to get two, that'd be for deux and myself I guess.. Hope they're compatible, we'll just have to agree on a channel..
I edited my last post... regarding people meeting people. It will be easier if we meet up around Ottawa(or Cornwall). But I have no clue how to get to cornwall.

If I don't go by Montreal, I won't be able to get my radios.

Edit once again: Mitsubishi03 and I are gonna leave together, Fluke and Deux leave together. I tried to figure out a way for everybody to meet somewhere, but there is no easy way without loosing travelling time (sans revenir sur nos pas pour rien).

Mitsubishi 03, you still have to meet me at the same place and same time. But this time, make your tank full. I don't know the gas station at all on that trip, so don't take any chance. If you don't have a cell phone, bug your mom or your dad. I don't feel like putting minutes in mine, so I'll be bugging my mom for her phone

Fluke and Deux, I'll be sending you a PM each with the map from Montreal. The starting point is where I used to live on the south shore, so just take the directions from where you need.

Last edited by blaze_125; Jun 8, 2004 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Gta Meet Coming From Mtl