Notices

Gta Meet Coming From Mtl

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2004, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blaze, I think you coming by Montreal would be a huge waste of time.. IF you want, give me the information on where to get them (PM me..) and I'll go pick them up for you..

It could be easier to just swing by Ottawa and take it from there..

deux, what do you think? Shall we?

fluke
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flukester
Blaze, I think you coming by Montreal would be a huge waste of time.. IF you want, give me the information on where to get them (PM me..) and I'll go pick them up for you..

It could be easier to just swing by Ottawa and take it from there..

deux, what do you think? Shall we?

fluke
I do appreciate the offer for the radios, but they're at my camping ground. You need a pass to enter the camping... so don't worry about it. If you guys want to meet in Ottawa that will basicaly come down to the same time for you.

It takes 4h45 from Ottawa to Toronto, and 6 hours from Montreal to Toronto. You guys from Montreal would be only wasting approximately 30 minutes by meeting us because it takes about 90 minutes from Montreal to Ottawa.

If you do want to meet Mitsubishi03 and I, let me know and I'll let you know where to meet us. I'll give you the easiest place possible. I'll even give you detailed instruction on how to get here.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:06 PM

OK blaze, thanks for the clarification. (disregard my PM I sent about 30 seconds ago then..)

I wouldn't particularly mind the overhead of going through ottawa but only if all the MTLers do.. If deux or the other guy don't want to, I'll stay with the group.. That extra 90 minutes still means we'd have to leave at 4h30 from montreal OR be at cooksville around 13h30 instead of 12h00...

Actually, come to think of it, I think it's better if the MTL and OTT guys just met at cooksville directly... :-/ (Unless we meet somewhere in between but I don't know ontario enough to suggest a specific place & time.. sorry)

As long as we all see everyone at the meet...

thanks!
fluke
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Too late I already replied....

If you leave Montreal at 6, you'll be in Ottawa at 7:30
If we leave Ottawa at 7:45 we'll be in Toronto by 12:30(according to mapquest)
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

So now... everyones that comes either from Montreal or Ottawa, move your @ss and let us know your status. It's only 1:10am right now, what are you doing sleeping instead of answering this?

Ok, maybe I should go to bed
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe you guys can meet in Kingston ??? It's 3 hours from Cooksville Mitsubishi.

Last edited by enjoku; Jun 8, 2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:25 PM

Let's get deuxforever's opinion on this (as he has another lancer owner coming with us too..). I don't quite mind the detour to ottawa if we reach cooksville by 12:30.. I'm sure we can beat 10 minutes off the ottawa drive and 20 off the toronto drive and make it for 12 or so anyway

Remember those estimates are probably done for 100km/h driving while we'll probably be going 118 or something

fluke

PS: off to bed soon myself..
Old Jun 8, 2004, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

ottawa guys dont come to montreal, its just hours wasted, gas wasted and sleep wasted.

and thats a good map u pasted here, it appears that ottawa should go south and montreal go as if we go to TO and it just joins up at the 401. i'm sure ottawa guys and montreal guys can meet on the 401 on the way, without any detour.

lucky bastards from ottawa will probably get 1.5-2 hours of sleep extra, if we montrealers leave at 6am.

i'll try to confirm myself the directions to get there, by friday/saturdayish, my internet's been being a ***** for the past month, not working properly, so i couldnt come on as i wanted to....and my office blocked evom.net cuz i surfed on it too much instead of working.....

its 22:40now and i'm going back to bed......

can someone PM Evo_pete, craized and OZ-racing? did i leave anyone out? and confirm if they're going from MTL? to confirm his presence?

there was alot of guys at the mini montreal meet back on april 28...
Old Jun 9, 2004, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

So Montreal people are not meeting us in Ottawa? We need to take a definitive decision here... If you don't meet us, I'll plan a departure time with Mitsubishi03, if you do meet us, I plan differently. Let me know. We've got only 3 days to plan.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

NICE!!! good job Blaze, I knew you would be true to the lancers. Im glad that ive atleast have you to follow cause I really dont think id be able to make it to Toronto. Will you have a passenger to give you directions?
Anyways I do have a cell phone... (613) 866-ERIK(3745)
Im still not 100% sure about everything right now but im working tonight so I should know by the end of tonight. But it looks good.
Just let me know where and what time to meet you at on Sunday.

Erik
Old Jun 9, 2004, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsubishi_03
Will you have a passenger to give you directions?
I've got my girlfriend, but I think I'll just read the thing while driving

Originally Posted by Mitsubishi_03
Just let me know where and what time to meet you at on Sunday.
The place and time depends on the Montrealers. If they meet us, we'll meet either on Woodroff or around the St-Laurent shopping center. We gotta take the 416, so Woodroff would be the best place. The 416 is about 10 minutes from my place.

If they don't meet us, then instead of meeting at the parliament, meet me in the OC transpo parking lot in front of Algonquin College on Woodroff at 7am. If we leave at 7:15, we'll be there around 12:15.

Originally Posted by Deuxforever13
i'll try to confirm myself the directions to get there,
The PM I sent you has instruction for people leaving from Montreal. The ones I posted in this thread are only from Ottawa. If we meet on the 401, we would have to coordinate the departure time of both groups. That would be pretty much impossible. Plus we would have to find a spot on the 401 to meet at.

So here is the question that need to be answered
Do Montrealers meet with people from Ottawa or not. If we meet it can't be on the 401 cause we're gonna miss each other anyway. Meeting somewhere we never went without knowing how much time it will take to get there would be the biggest mistake.

We either meet in Ottawa or we'll see each other in Toronto.

Last edited by blaze_125; Jun 9, 2004 at 03:12 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

The previous question should be answered here
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=84197
Old Jun 9, 2004, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys,

I want to come but it will depend on work and on what's going on the night before... Anyways I'll do my best to join the group. So Lafleur at 6am right?

Thanks,
Pete
Old Jun 9, 2004, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

ok so thats 2 hours to Ottawa from MTL, and 4 hours to hit TO?
Old Jun 9, 2004, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deuxforever13
ok so thats 2 hours to Ottawa from MTL, and 4 hours to hit TO?
2 hours only if you go at 100km/h. Should take you about 70-90 minutes if you go alittle bit over

4:45 from Ottawa to TO

If we want to be there at 12-12:30, we need to leave Ottawa at 7am.

Last edited by blaze_125; Jun 9, 2004 at 04:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Gta Meet Coming From Mtl