Notices

Need some Help and Ideas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2004, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mr.Bill nye the sience guy..................funny!!
Old Aug 8, 2004, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by EdT
Wrong !!!, the tinted bulbs with 55/60w are actually dimmer than stock since they tinted the bulbs with blue tint and does not pass DOT specs, so these bulb companies like PIAA, APC, Eurolite made the filament thinner to throw out more wattage to pass the DOT specs claiming to be 85/90w and this is why these bulbs burn up so easily once they have impact like hitting a bump or something like that. My Honda Civic car club did a lumination test at 10,20,30,40,50 feet with a luminence meter and the stock bulbs were brighter in all conditions rain, snow etc. This is why they are not legal if they run at 55/60w and you will not find a reputable headlight company like Hella sell these bulbs who sell their real HID systems to MB, BMW and Audi. Dudes this is just plain dangerous if your drive at night in the rain or snow !
Check the PIAA website. All their bulbs are dot complaint. I just checked it out now. They don't dye the bulbs either, they use a cap, which is only looks a different color whens it off. Companies like Eurolite, or possibly APC might not be dot complaint since they are cheap ***, poorly made bulbs, but PIAA's are nothing but quality.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

FYI: PIAA and Sylvania produce great quality bulbs. I don't know about PIAA, but I know Sylvania manages to output more candellas from a bulb using the same wattage. Wich means that with a blue tinted bulb (to get the halogen light spectra back from orange to white) they still produce a more powerfull light.

_
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:49 AM
cih

back to HID...

Who knows where to get them.. and under $400
Old Aug 9, 2004, 01:03 PM

Plug and play HIDs

Does anyone know if they have the plug and play HID set for the lancer?

I have silver stars and Piaa x1700 fogs, HID are over kill
Old Aug 9, 2004, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

well if you want a plug and play system your gonna have to fork out about 400 to 700 dollars, i still have a set from an Audi S4 for sale, that can be modified to fit, i have done it to my car and i will never go back to standard bulbs again. they are really bright and light up the road ahead quite a bit.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 01:34 PM
cih

how much modding are you talking about ?
Old Aug 9, 2004, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

if anyone wants them, they're for sale at $100.00 for the ignitors,wiring and 2 hid bulbs, you make em fit, no instructions...............
Old Aug 11, 2004, 12:50 PM

yeah, i'm actually looking for the plug and play HID system.
i'm wondering if anyone has a set that includes instructions? or know anyone that knows how to install and wire these 'real' HIDs?
Old Aug 11, 2004, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Question

Originally Posted by ModernRacer
if anyone wants them, they're for sale at $100.00 for the ignitors,wiring and 2 hid bulbs, you make em fit, no instructions...............
So what more would be needed to make this a complete kit? I mean, if I bought this from you, what else would I need to get in order to make this work? 'Cause if it's only a matter of installing them, I'm quite sure I could do that... Did you mean the bulb sockets aren't standard and need to be modified?
Old Aug 11, 2004, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

well that's pretty much it, you intall them in the place you have your bulbs now,the only thing you need to do is install 2 rubber "o" rings in the light housing,before installing the bulbs,then modifie your retainers to hold bulbs in place,and hook them up to a KEY on ignition source,not the daytime running lights,the voltage is too low.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by ModernRacer
well that's pretty much it, you intall them in the place you have your bulbs now,the only thing you need to do is install 2 rubber "o" rings in the light housing,before installing the bulbs,then modifie your retainers to hold bulbs in place,and hook them up to a KEY on ignition source,not the daytime running lights,the voltage is too low.
Hey, do you actually know how to install these HIDs on the lancer?
Old Aug 16, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah i've done the install on my Lancer Ralliart, and they work fine.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 04:18 PM

really? do the HIDs come with the projectors? can you post some pics on your headlights? i couldn't get a chance to see them on the car registry.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

unfortunatly my lights don't have projectors...YET, but i can post some pictures of what they look like lit up, and you can be the judge of this set up.....i'll post them shortly

Quick Reply: Need some Help and Ideas