Notices
View Poll Results: Should Noel Have gotton 1st (or at least placed) at Darknights/Inportfest?
He Should Have Got First
50.00%
The Winners were well Deserved
50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Hosed!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if i list all my mods and ice ill be here for ever danno missed alot of stuff but who cares.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

I dont think his ride looks as 'clean' as the other cars that placed. It looks nice but it also looks jumbled in my opinion.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

i agree with arm07 its cool but not really an awesome car. kinda looks a little too riced out.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVOSTEVO
i agree with arm07 its cool but not really an awesome car. kinda looks a little too riced out.
Might look like it in pictures, but seen in person doesn't look rice at all actually
Old Aug 9, 2004, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

You guys should see Noels car in person to actually appreciate it. Some Judges have pet peeves in cars you know there is no set standard in terms of looks, so like they say beauty is i nthe eye of the beholder. Maybe the Judges have different standards. I personally think Noels ride is tite.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

no glass work, no custom paint.... need I say more..... to place in shows you have to be unique...... and have custom stuff not just bolt on stuff...
Old Aug 9, 2004, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=lancerCANADA]
Originally Posted by Dr Crash
but the hood is very damaged which costs points

couldn't beas bad as yours chiped corners and bubbles too. just playing with you crash. with your wet paint sign
you know yours is way worse then mine man! and yeah i thought the wet paint sign added character hehe
Old Aug 10, 2004, 08:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Grod101
no glass work, no custom paint.... need I say more..... to place in shows you have to be unique...... and have custom stuff not just bolt on stuff...

There wasnt anyone there with a decent looking custom glass work. Infact the only car I can think of that has any glass work in Ontario is that Vibrant car and It just makes me want to puke every time I look at the bad Carbon Kevlar and Fiberglass job.

Yes Noels Car is a little bit riced up with stickers but those are his sponsors. He doesnt have as many on there as in his profile picture and you would have to look at the import fest pictures to get a good feel for it. IMO no car that has a aftermarket turbo is ricers vehicle. a ricer is someone that thinks their car is better then it is. you know, Unfinished body kits, un-finished sound system, stock or stamp steel wheels and maybe lowered it a bit. Compleatly Avoiding any sort of performance of their car. some like cars for sound, thats fine make a car for sound, but a lancer isnt your best choice for that. Not the right design of vehicle to take full advantage of a system. Make your car N/A or just midly tuned, thats fine too but it doesnt make it a show car.

Crash I have seen pictures of your car. It looks to me like a kindergarden class put that thing on. It needs to be fitted properly and painted by a professional. Maco doesnt count...they are *** clowns that dont know what they are doing. Dont get me wrong man. Yourt car is nice and has the chance to look very nice and very clean. But as it stands right now if its between you and Noel. Your The Ricer. And thats fine. Dont be offeneded. People have different goals. Yours is Looks and Sound with a bit of performance and Noel's is a fast car that is designed for shows.

I think that this could be an awakining for people who are modding cars. The Clean Look is in. The Vynal/sticker look is not. Sure it does look good and it shows your stuff but its not the current style. It was in the past (up to this year)
I belive that the general aspec is that unless your car is owned by the company and they are paying for the ads to be on the vehicle for advertising then it shouldnt be there. This is problaby why Cars like Jing's, Damian's, Mine (Before It went back to stock) get so much attention. They look nice, modded, but very clean. I personally prefer that look. Maybe thats how this type of car gets just as much attention as a Lancer with forced induction.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

this just goes to show you have no idea what you're talking about. you say that you like the nice clean finished look, but then say noel's car is so tight and i'm some ricer when my car is the one that up until the kit went on was extremely clean looking. even the judges at the shows tell me how clean my car is as far as the install of all of the mods i've done. and why would i pay for a professional paint job now when my kit is going back and being replaced? that would be pretty stupid and only something you would do. and i know how bad my kit looks, **** i even say that to everyone, but i can't exactly drive my car without a hood and bumper now can i? so i am sort of forced to use this sh1tty kit until i can get it replaced by IT. if you want to complain, complain to them and get them to ship me a new kit faster, how's that? not to mention that you say it is ricey at one point and then in the next paragraph you say i get attention cuz my car is so clean, so which one is it? and remember that some people like myself don't rely on other's money, we do things for oursleves. i mean it would be great to get handed a $3000 set of wheels, or a turbo kit, or a vinyl job. maybe money grows on trees in your neck of the woods, but here in burlington we have to work for it. i'd love to have $$ just sitting around so i can go out and buy my supercharger kit and install it myself and beat all the turbo cars, but $40,000 for tuition kind of ruins those plans. and when you go thruogh school for aerospace engineering and get accepted to the most accredited school in the world for space study then talk to me okay? oh yeah i forgot, money DOESN'T grow on trees in your neighbourhood either, cuz last time i checked you have to get rid of your car. maybe less time wasted posting bad calls and more time working and you might be able to afford to keep your ride. you're just a whiney little ***** that is upset cuz mommy weened you off her tit too early and the rest of us are tired of it. grow up

and no need to worry, next year while i'm getting my master's in france Noel can win the competitions and make you happy since his competition will be in a garage. actually by that time Jing's car will probably take home the trophies since his is the cleanest looking lancer in the club right now.

Last edited by Dr Crash; Aug 10, 2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys we can't be blaming each other on how the results came out. We're out there to have fun and represent our club and maybe take home a few trophies. If Damian won it is because the judges chose his car. That's their opinion and we have no control over that. We can't complain and diss the other guy for winning. Lets stop this nonsense. If you really want to know why Noel did not win or place in the event why not ask the Importfest committee on how they judge the cars. Maybe will get to know the basis of the judging. Maybe the Judge lost Noel's card. I'm not taking sides here but you guys gotta chill out. It's only a competition.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 04:23 AM

!!! peace!!!
Old Aug 11, 2004, 05:10 AM

just to let you know i paid for my turbo and half of my rims, not everything is handed to me. i work day and night and do thing on the side to make money so dont think that i get everything for free. i wish i everything was free. **** it was free i would be here right now
Old Aug 11, 2004, 06:13 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I asked at the begining of this thread to keep the posts non-personal and just to help provide insight. The reason why I went from one opinion to another about your car is because personally I dont like your car. I think Its a joke. But it is getting there and I respect that. These things take time and money. I understand that. I also realize how some people like your car and others do not. Thats what I was trying to say. Before you start talking smack about how your "a rocket scientest" and blah blah blah think. Maybe nobody gives a damn what other people on here do for a living. Maybe if you had a clue about what you were talking about you would know what I do for a living and how much I actually make. BTW I can afford my car I just want to use that money for other things. If I have to keep it then fine I will. Im sorry if I offended you It wasnt my intention. Grow up and stop talking about maturity when you are trying to fight over the internet. It's redicioulus. I do apoligize for offending you and I will leave it at that. Im not going to go back and forth bickering like a 12 year old.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by enjoku
Hey guys we can't be blaming each other on how the results came out. We're out there to have fun and represent our club and maybe take home a few trophies. If Damian won it is because the judges chose his car. That's their opinion and we have no control over that. We can't complain and diss the other guy for winning. Lets stop this nonsense. If you really want to know why Noel did not win or place in the event why not ask the Importfest committee on how they judge the cars. Maybe will get to know the basis of the judging. Maybe the Judge lost Noel's card. I'm not taking sides here but you guys gotta chill out. It's only a competition.

This is a very excellent point!! People's opinions are what make car shows happen, though I do like Noel's car.

The thing about this thread that bothers me is that Damian is bad mouthing Dan for no good reason, granted the kindergarden comment was a bit much, but Dan complemented him on his car at least, he was expressing his opinion so what!!! In his defense, because he happens to be one of my good buddies, out of the club even, he has decided on more important things to him in life than his car, that's why he is getting rid of it! Bringing Dan's mom into this......BAD CALL!!!....(also immature)...Oh and BTW CRASH! I'm sure nobody gives a **** about your career plans.....Great for you hope you go to the moon or whatever!! This is "car club" where people give eachother pointers/help, and constructive input on their rides!! Which Danno does. He also helped with the meets and starting the club! About the whole money thing we all know most of us pay for everything on our cars...If you want to start stirring ****, Check out the civic forums they love it! Nobody needs a cocky, self rightious, arrogant, guy in this club, so please, for everyone "you" should grow up!

I know Danno's reply was similar but i wanted to express my "opinion" too!

I know ---------------------------> sorry!

Last edited by OutaControl; Aug 11, 2004 at 05:06 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

you guys are something else, do either of you know how to read? Dan started attacking my car from the very get-go. he has had some personal vendetta against my ride for some reason which no one but himself knows. i was fine with merely stating my opinion about Noel's car, which just so happens to be the topic of this thread, but Dan had to go and show how ignorant he is by trying to pick apart my car. Fact is that my car looks good and everyone including the judges tell me that. Considering the judges see 1000's of cars, i would tend to say that their opinion far outweighs someone who currently only modifies his 2003 Nike Airs. But Dan you are right about one thing, arguing on the net is stupid and pointless, it's like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded. So why doesn't everyone just stop this stupid bullsh1t and just go about their own business.

Quick Reply: Hosed!