Notices
View Poll Results: Should Noel Have gotton 1st (or at least placed) at Darknights/Inportfest?
He Should Have Got First
50.00%
The Winners were well Deserved
50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Hosed!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2004, 09:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hosed!

Hosed?

Personally I think its rediciouls. Yes The people who won trophies have very nice cars but what about Noels (Lancer Canada)? How do you feel about the most modded Lancer in Canada not even placing at the last 2 big shows? Peosonally I think it may be because its a yellow car. I just want to know how everyone else feels about Noels car not placing.

Please post your opinions without fighting. Be mature and remember to back them up.

Noel has:
The Only Turbo Charged US Lancer in Canada
CF Tails
CF Hood
Rims
Tires
Eibach Springs
Sound system with a DVD and Playstation
Custom Shift Knob
Pedels
Tint
Sponsors
Stickers
Intercooler
Guages
Blacked Out headlights (JDM Style)
Painted Drums/Calipers
Evo 7 Wing

If I missed anything please add it.

Noels Car

The placings can be seen here

No offence to those who won trophies, your cars are very nice. Im just saying I think and I know other agree that Noel Should have atleast placed if not came in first.

Last edited by Danno; Aug 9, 2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't get me wrong, cause I love his ride. I think it looks really great. Only 1 thing keeps on catching my eye. The decals on the skirts are kinda They don't look all that great to me
Old Aug 9, 2004, 09:45 AM

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I PLACED OR NOT, ALL OF ARE TEAM MEMBERS WON SO ITS OK. IM NOT SURE HOW THEY JUDGE THE CAR, BUT IN MY EYES I DONT THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING OR THEY KNOW THE DIFFERENCE FROM A SOME WHAT MODED CAR TO A STOCK LANCER. THE CAR IS ONLY BEEN IN CANADA FOR 2 YEARS.

BUT THANKS DANNO FOR STICKNG UP FOR MY RIDE

Here Is The Pic At The Show

Last edited by lancerCANADA; Aug 10, 2004 at 08:12 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Should have at least placed. Not sure why not?????
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Noel, do you have decals only on the driver's side?
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:18 AM

Took Them All Off Cause It Didnt Go With The 18" Rims That Ikon Gave Me
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancerCANADA
Took Them All Off Cause It Didnt Go With The 18" Rims That Ikon Gave Me
Alright, so forget about my first comment. If they is no more decals on the skirts, it can't be why you weren't choosen. In that case, I have no clue Cause you do have a very nice ride with lots and lots of mods
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:27 AM

i dont know i will find out in the next couple of days cause my other car club i was with called the to see what happen cause they where pissed too about the judging of the cars, not just only my car with other of a club cars and there not lancers

Last edited by lancerCANADA; Aug 9, 2004 at 10:38 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Cool

When I saw his ride in MTL, I'm quite sure it didn't have the same wheels on... and I think he had decals on both sides. Or maybe his secret is he has two turbo Lancers and doesn't wanna share with us so he always keeps one hidden while he drives the other! JK

Anyway, it's quite a nice ride and it's damn fast for an OZ!!! Who cares 'bout the freakin' judges man?!! Cheers mate!

BTW Noel: I'll finally get back to you on the white trim pieces as soon I as can round up enough dough...

_
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:22 AM

well all and all i think importfest was highly bias against some cars.There was cars there that should of placed 1st or better then they did i think Noel got royal burnage and chances are cause he made that judge go down on the floor friday night who knows maybe he lost his judging sheet either way i thought importfest was fun for all MCCC ppl but as a show it wasnt very well judged and Skydome rapes your wallet...3.75 for a coke...c,mon...Not to mention the 67 dollars to rent a light on level 100 shouldnt that be part of the show proper lighting???all i can say is bleh importfest And Way to go MCCC for gettin out there! and not killin skydome security sat night!
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

^ Are you J's brother? Just curious
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by nOwHeeLs
well all and all i think importfest was highly bias against some cars.There was cars there that should of placed 1st or better then they did i think Noel got royal burnage and chances are cause he made that judge go down on the floor friday night who knows maybe he lost his judging sheet either way i thought importfest was fun for all MCCC ppl but as a show it wasnt very well judged and Skydome rapes your wallet...3.75 for a coke...c,mon...Not to mention the 67 dollars to rent a light on level 100 shouldnt that be part of the show proper lighting???all i can say is bleh importfest And Way to go MCCC for gettin out there! and not killin skydome security sat night!

maybe your right they could of lost my score sheet, but i got him to judge my car on friday cause i had to be at wedding on saturday and i didn't know who was going to be there for them to judge my car. thats why i ask themm to judge it. like i said before i dont really care who won, congrats to the guys that did. i wasnt even there on saturday but when you get about 50 guys that call you the same night and the next day all pissed cause your car didnt place. then you know theres something wrong. i even had sponsers that help me with the car call me too.

it wasnt me that started this thread

Last edited by lancerCANADA; Aug 9, 2004 at 11:44 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:45 AM
cih

Car shows have a lack of organization... I doubt all the judges actually sit down and decide on who has the best ride. Im sure many more people get screwed at these kind of events.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

One thing everyone has to remember is not just the amount of mods, but also things like cleanliness, themes, flow, etc. The judges look for all sorts of things, not just a list of mods. I mean, yes Noel has a nice car, yes it is turbo, but the hood is very damaged which costs points, the audio system is just a box in the trunk, etc. Also, whether or not you have sponsors and stickers mean absolutely nothing, in fact stickers that are misplaced or don't look right cost you points as well. Btw, you forgot Noel's eyelids in his list of mods, but again, they don't match the car. Now don't get me wrong, i think his scoresheet might have gotten misplaced or there was a problem somewhere, cuz i think he should have placed being that he does have the only turbo '03 lancer and that should have gotten him uniqueness points.

Now if you look at Jing's car for instance, his is extremely clean looking and that's why he did well. everything on his car follows a theme and there aren't any mods that look out of place on his car. His car looks like it just pulled out of Ralliart's garage and because of that he probably racked up a lot of points, even though he doesn't have any ICE or audio stuff. (except for the all new wireless bass tube!!). i actually thought Jing was going to get 1st since his car is so clean.

Like Noel said though, at least the trophies were given to the MCCC club and that will go on the new wall of fame as a huge club victory. Even the dealership's eclipse won something which is pretty cool.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=Dr Crash] but the hood is very damaged which costs points

couldn't beas bad as yours chiped corners and bubbles too. just playing with you crash. with your wet paint sign

Quick Reply: Hosed!