Notices

Montreal's SCP5 October 15-16-17 w/ MCCC Team?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'd go,but $75 seems a bit much to enter, i have done lots of car shows and the most i have paid was $40, i think we should get some kind of rebate if more people enter

Last edited by ModernRacer; Sep 7, 2004 at 10:21 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

holy crap... its $75 to enter your car!
I was thinking of entering mine too... but not at that price
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:40 AM

but dont forget is 3 days and it's the biggest one.the prized is very high[big money for the mccc]
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:53 AM

see if they will give us a club disscount, cause with the othe team im with we get one, but not sure how much cause they paid for me
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Big friggen deal!!! i've paid $25.00 for 3days at a show in Quebec city with over 400 vehicles...........that's bull........it's all about the maketing and promotion,i don't agree with that
Old Sep 7, 2004, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THIS IS NOT A **** SHOW, IT'S PART OF THE NCCA, WE ARE NOT KIDDING THERE. YOUR CAR HAS TO BE HEAVILY MODIFIED AS THEY ARE VERY SELECTIVE.

I talked to Vee, he said they will be very selective. We won't be able to make it all, but as far as I'm concerned I think some of us can really make it. It's 75$, but you win up to 5000$, not like 50$ for the Track & Wheels.

Here is what he said:

Hey Pete,
Dont worry,members of the team will go under a pre-judging stage before acceptance.Tha means that if your team's cars are not qualified then you cannot enter. There's no deadline, you have to do it ASAP because there will be no more spots available. As a team, you will be allowed to post a banner of your team, pass flyers about your team. Basicaly advertise your team at no cost. It cannot be advertising for company. Example: Passing flyers for Brossard Mitsubishi.

Thanks

See you at the show.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh and by the way the art director of the show owns a crazy Lancer, he'll probably be willing to expose with us.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

yeah well i think i'm gonna pass if they'er gonna be that difficult about the mods on your car......i think it should be based on who would wants to enter, regardless of mods or not.....anyhow if the situation changes then maybe i will reconsider
Old Sep 9, 2004, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

-

Guys, I don't want to discourage any of you from entering this year... but most of our cars are still nearly stock and it's a tuner show we're talking about. I strongly feel this is an event we should enter as a club, but next year at the earliest.

It's not only the 75$ entry fee... if some of you guys don't know it yet, the SCP is one of the biggest tuner show in North-America. This ain't no Saint-Eustache boys. This is for serious (pro/semi-pro) tuners and even a turbo Lancer or RA wouldn't cut it there unless it had a killer body kit and custom interior. I can't imagine any of those cars with less than 10,000$ worth of mods on them... I know this is way out of my league.

I'm all for visiting together though...

-
Old Sep 9, 2004, 06:12 AM

i want a know, if you want to make a mini meet and after going all together, to visit the show and maybe going all mccc crew next season with better preparation.......because you have right the car is not ready to go there this year!!!!
Old Sep 9, 2004, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Cool

-

That's just what I had in mind: let's meet, have lunch and then visit the show... There are a bunch of restaurants on Sherbrooke street near the Olympic Stadium. It would be fun... and it wouldn't be a stress on anybody. I'm looking forward to a much more laid back meet this time... you know, something that can actually be called "rest" instead of "pressure"...

We can't always meet under competitive circumstances and we can't always organize all of our own activities. I say, let's do a couple of medium to large meets a year and then just hang out once in a while between that. You know, get together and talk? That can be just as fun sometimes...

Also, big thanks to Dennis (GreenArcher) for proposing that we get our own little forum on the MCCC site. I'm going there as we speak to see if it's already been setup... see you there guys!

-
Old Sep 9, 2004, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Im up for that, i you guys wanna meet after the show, that would be cool, maybe somewhere on the South Shore,restaurant or whatever...........would be cool!
Old Sep 9, 2004, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

-

Dinner would probably be at my bro's place for me... but as I said, I'm up for lunch if anybody is interested. There's a wide range of restaurants near the stadium, from McDonald's to Pacini and so on...

Let's take our time and see who's interested and then we can decide what we want to do... it's not like we're planning anything big. Let's say we get something decided before october 1st...

Does anybody know what the price of admission is at the SCP? I'd like to bring my son this time... maybe the girlfriend would be interested as well.

-
Old Sep 9, 2004, 07:52 AM

the price to get in is 15 dollars a day.
i will meet with you guys up there but i wont have a car cuse my car is in the show
Old Sep 9, 2004, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Cool

-

I'm really glad that your car is in the show... since it's one of the few Lancers able to take the fight to the big boys! What category are you entered in?

If you're available for lunch, I can pick you up at the stadium... anyway, we'll find a restaurant that's near so you're not away from your car for too long.

-

Quick Reply: Montreal's SCP5 October 15-16-17 w/ MCCC Team?