Notices

2011 Evo X Maps gone!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sgtboost
Mitch,

I am in Austin as well. Need a 2012 Evo to test with?
I am in SA and would be willing to supply a 2011 for testing also.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
I am in Austin working on the new software. Honestly it is amazing what we have come up with so far and I can assure you guys it will be solid when it is released.

Mitch
Hi Mitch. I'm in Austin. I work 10 minutes from your head office. I'm usually free to stop by when I'm not dealing with my own software crisis. I noticed a few of your staff have Evos. The owners seem to part on the side of your building (nice rides btw). I'm assuming you have enough to test, but tell the community if that is not the case. From experience I would assume you don't want to incur any liability issues with regards to accidentally blowing up people's engines during tests of alpha/beta software. :-)

If that is not the case, then let us know. It appears that your customers want to help you.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 04:51 AM

over-promise, under-deliver, vaporware!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by reggae4k
over-promise, under-deliver, vaporware!
Yikes. That seems a little harsh. I'm sure these guys are swamped w/ the amount of cars that they are tuning and manufacturing for these days. I'm just happy that they go to the lengths that they do. They've always been there for the Subaru community and are now doing the same for the Mitsubishi crowd as well as others. Patience, folks. Patience.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jerastan
Yikes. That seems a little harsh. I'm sure these guys are swamped w/ the amount of cars that they are tuning and manufacturing for these days. I'm just happy that they go to the lengths that they do. They've always been there for the Subaru community and are now doing the same for the Mitsubishi crowd as well as others. Patience, folks. Patience.
LOL yea okay, you let me know when that is actually true. They have came through for the 2010s and before, but sorry if you aren't driving a subie or a Gt-R you get no Cobb love. Lets be real here... end of 2012 and we are still waiting on maps for cars that released mid 2010...
Old Oct 3, 2012, 07:57 AM

im happy they go through the lengths they do as well. but when they can pro tune evos day and night you'd figure they would know how to get safe and final ots maps for the rest of us.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

People are funny. Cobb has always put out good stuff. If it needed to be pulled then it needed to be pulled. They are back up so less QQ. Thanks for the work you guys put in.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, it's not like Cobb is a massive company w/ thousands of employees. Life happens. Work happens.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1010
I'm tired of the lack of professional responsibility from Cobb towards customers. If you've undertaken more than you can handle simply say so. People respond better when they feel as though the lines of communication are open. But instead we've got "new maps out soon" for how long?
Thank you for this.
And did we all forget that we were promised NON-beta maps 'soon'? still waiting. It is understood that it is a huge undertaking that takes a lot of work, but an ETA can be determined... its all we ask for. Despite their communication issues however, Cobb is one of the best facilities i have been to.

Last edited by jeffo24; Oct 3, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jerastan
Yeah, it's not like Cobb is a massive company w/ thousands of employees. Life happens. Work happens.
Then don't sale a product with a promise of workablitiy for a car. Wait till you have the maps THEN sell the AP, not the other way around.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

and we're waiting.......
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Why not get a ProTune anyway? The OTS stuff is only ever designed to get you close enough with the mods until you can get a real tune. Not meant to be fire and forget.

aaron
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:48 PM

anyone have the 3 port settings?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was discussed on the Evo X forum and their reply was this
Hey there everyone! The v200+ maps that were previously posted as BETA have been removed due to issues with shifting. We are currently working on new calibrations for the MR vehicles which will be released as they become finalized. For now, some vehicles depending on model year have limited support, and some do not have any OTS maps and require custom tuning. It is not the best solution for sure, but we are working on bringing the EvoX community up to speed on all of our latest discoveries and strategies!

That being said, I know there is a lot of confusion about timelines, features, and promises. I apologize if it sounds like more "hurry up and wait", but do know that we have not left you guys and have EVERY intention of delivering the highest quality tuning solution for the EvoX/RA vehicles. It takes a lot of effort to put together the final product and a lot of testing and analysis behind the scenes.

I can tell you that we went back to square one with the MR and spent over 2 weeks analyzing the shifting strategies and patterns. We now have an overwhelmingly complete understanding of how the SST and ECU speak to each other and how they need to continue their conversation at higher power levels. Along the way we stumbled across a ton of useful things that we'll be including in our next release. We have spent a lot of time coming up with the ultimate solution for you all, and will be getting as much as we can to you as soon as possible.

We are committed to delivering a solution for you guys, and we'll continue to provide support for the entire community! Help is on the way!

Thank you,
-Braden @ COBB
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:27 AM

Thanks for posting the updated info from Cobb. Hopefully we will see something from them soon.

Quick Reply: 2011 Evo X Maps gone!