Notices

knock 6?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
knock 6?

When driving home today my AP showed 6 knock. When I downloaded the data file and looked it over, the file didn't show any knock at all. Is this normal?
Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Anybody?

Cobb?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Log a 3rd gear pull from around 2500rpm to redline. If you see no knock your good.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goCJgoCJgo
Log a 3rd gear pull from around 2500rpm to redline. If you see no knock your good.
What if you see knock recorded on the AP, but no knock on the log? Thats the issue I am having.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 03:43 PM

I was told it is normal when daily driving. Did you notice a knock count after shifting? Thats when it usually happens. Low load knock is nothing to worry about. Thats why I said to do a third gear pull and check your logs for that.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goCJgoCJgo
I was told it is normal when daily driving. Did you notice a knock count after shifting? Thats when it usually happens. Low load knock is nothing to worry about. Thats why I said to do a third gear pull and check your logs for that.
I did a 2nd gear pull and a 3rd gear pull today, however not as strong as I wanted as there was some traffic. But when I pulled in both gears I registered some knock. Not 4-6 like the other day but 2-3.

Some knock may come from shifting, but definitely some is showing up from WOT. The problem is I can't say for sure because my stupid log doesn't show any knock, even though the AP does.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Seriously Cobb........Anything????

I've been talking to another 2013 owner who has the same problem. Showing high knock on stage 1 93 map but no knock in the logs. He uninstalled his AP. I'm leaning to doing the same thing since it seems your customer service is lacking. Glad I didnt waste any additional money on your products
Old Jul 6, 2013, 06:31 PM

There are soooo many bugs with the AP lately. I've just switched to Tactrix because I just got sick of it
Old Jul 6, 2013, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Leezon
There are soooo many bugs with the AP lately. I've just switched to Tactrix because I just got sick of it
I can handle glitches or bugs. Just tell me something. If there is an issue with the log recording knock then let us know. If the knock on the AP is just phantom and thats why its not in the logs, then let me know. If you realize there is a current issue then let me know. If you feel its best we uninstall or switch to stage 0, then let me know. But to ignore my posts or PM's just goes to show what kind of company this is. Sad
Old Jul 8, 2013, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Ummm, you DO realize you have been getting all worked up over this during 4th of July weekend, right? Most likely the COBB folks have had some time off to enjoy with their families.
Relax, and breathe a little. Posting a series of insistent rants on every forum you can think of doesn't do any good if no one is there to hear it. If you're worried, flash back to stock and wait until someone is there to give you an answer...
Old Jul 8, 2013, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scarryy
Ummm, you DO realize you have been getting all worked up over this during 4th of July weekend, right? Most likely the COBB folks have had some time off to enjoy with their families.
I'm sure they did take some time off over the holiday. The issue I have is when you do not respond to the PM or my thread, but you have the time to respond a few times on this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/co...-2013-a-2.html

They have the time to respond to a thread promoting their product, but dont have the time to respond to a thread about the potential issue with their product? By the way, the responses in the above thread were posted after my thread.

Relax, and breathe a little. Posting a series of insistent rants on every forum you can think of doesn't do any good if no one is there to hear it.
Last I checked I only posted in this forum. Could you copy and paste the URL's to all these other forums you are accusing me of posting in? Also before you do that, keep this in mind:

This is a forum:
https://www.evolutionm.net/

And this is a thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/co...l#post10876333

If you're worried, flash back to stock and wait until someone is there to give you an answer...
Yep, I leaning towards that. As for when will they give me an answer, who knows. They have however taken the time to inform us that:

-That stage 3 maps for the 2008-2010 Evos are coming
-They are currently integrating a TPMS reset option into the GT-R platform
-The Evo X does seem to be extremely sensitive to intake modifications
-They got a 2014 Evo X in our shop right now and we should be able to add support fairly quickly
-And they have acquired some new AEM wideband gauges and will be performing tests

All of that wonderful information was posted after I made my thread. Sure, it's good to know that they are integrating a TPMS reset option into the GT-R platform but they don't care that their AP is not logging knock? Or atleast care enough to respond with anything?

Oh, and thanks for the helpful response. I never thought about flashing back to stock. Who doesn't enjoy spending over $400 dollars just so they can be back to where they were before spending that money. Brilliant!!

Last edited by Kendogg; Jul 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 04:32 PM
Former Sponsor

I just replied to your PM. My apologies, I definitely remember seeing your message previously and was sure I had responded with my email address.

Marshall@COBB
Old Jul 18, 2013, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
I just replied to your PM. My apologies, I definitely remember seeing your message previously and was sure I had responded with my email address.

Marshall@COBB
Just a follow up to my situation:

I received the PM from Marshall. I sent the log to the email provided. It's been over a week now and no response back. I guess there is nothing to worry about. There is no point in looking at my stage 1 log when I am already on stage 2. Also I will be getting a dual protune this coming Tuesday so the Cobb tune and issues wont matter anymore.