Notices

can't log AFR via ATR(AEM EUGO) help plz!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question can't log AFR via ATR(AEM EUGO) help plz!!

wired in my USB-SERIAL cable as per this guide:
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...ghlight=serial

MY cable is a staples cable brand wich is a proflic cable. When I go to do any datalogging Pressing Cntrl+D, ATR just freezes up and then crashes.

I used a program called "putty" to check the data coming in on my USB port(its coming in COM3) and It shows the data to be exact as the gauge.

So Access tuner races can't seem to make use of the data or something is wrong with ATR. Any ideas? help please! I really need to log AFR!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 09:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you setting up the ports correctly in ATR per this guide?

https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en...cessTUNER-Race

-Chris

Last edited by COBB Tuning; Feb 12, 2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Are you setting up the ports correctly in ATR per this guide?

https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en...cessTUNER-Race

-Chris
I belive so yes. I took some screen shots today of the tabs and options I selected to make sure everything is right.

So I plugged my serial-usb cable into USB slot COM4 as shown here in device management.

then went to the communication tabs and pressed the auto detect button which is showed the cobb Access port being in COM3.

then setup the AEM UEGO tab by clicking enable and selecting the port as COM4

After all that still get an issue with ATR crashing as soon as I try to datalog or select live data. Can't get it too work no matter what. Also here is a screen shot of the putty program Im using check the data comming into COM4 port on the usb port. Blipping the throttle and the AFR match the gauge.

help me cobb! Really want to get this working.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 08:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by doom26464
I belive so yes. I took some screen shots today of the tabs and options I selected to make sure everything is right.

So I plugged my serial-usb cable into USB slot COM4 as shown here in device management.

then went to the communication tabs and pressed the auto detect button which is showed the cobb Access port being in COM3.

then setup the AEM UEGO tab by clicking enable and selecting the port as COM4

After all that still get an issue with ATR crashing as soon as I try to datalog or select live data. Can't get it too work no matter what. Also here is a screen shot of the putty program Im using check the data comming into COM4 port on the usb port. Blipping the throttle and the AFR match the gauge.

help me cobb! Really want to get this working.
Looks like you are on the right track, i hooked up an uego at my desk just to make sure it works.
Some things to note:
Make sure you only have one of the serial wideband choices enabled, having more than one checked will cause problems.
can't log AFR via ATR(AEM EUGO) help plz!!-nboh5rc.png
I keep my "Use COBB USB to OBD Cable" box checked
can't log AFR via ATR(AEM EUGO) help plz!!-aiqi4h4.png
Press CTRL+F to pick what you log, if you have UEGO enabled it should show up in the Log and Guage list
can't log AFR via ATR(AEM EUGO) help plz!!-getehok.png
Press CTRL+B and your live monitors should show up
Name:  UtRCSyq.png
Views: 0
Size:  4.1 KB
Lastly double check that you have the DLL's and they are in the right folder, they should be in your ATR install folder under plugins.
can't log AFR via ATR(AEM EUGO) help plz!!-of4sacq.png
Also if you are logging with Putty it can interfere with ATR grabbing the data, so i would close it before you try to connect with ATR.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 08:34 PM

ok. checked all my wideband gauge tabs none of them are enabled except AEM UEGO. Also checked the usb to cable box was checked. Only time I use putty is to check my comm port to make sure data is comming in correctly, otherwise I close the program when trying to use ATR. Checked my folder in Access tuner race today and looks like all files under plugin are there.

Also soon as press CNTRL+B program freezes up like so. Ends up in not responding state.

Running out of ideas been playing with it alot cant get it too work. Is it possible the Cable is the issues? despite puddy being able to see the data on it.

what cable does cobb recommend/use?

I have the cable wired in such that pin #5 is wired to the exact same ground as my gauge and then pin #2 is wired right to the blue wire off the AEM UEGO. Data is coming in as putty has confirmed that, So im assuming my wiring is ok.

Also checked my driver for cable and it is also up to date.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 08:59 AM
Former Sponsor

If you uncheck all things related with the serial wideband does it datalog as normal? We use a number of generic(radio shack, etc.) serial-2-usb cables here without issue. What OS are you on?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:28 AM

If you uncheck all things related with the serial wideband does it datalog as normal? We use a number of generic(radio shack, etc.) serial-2-usb cables here without issue. What OS are you on?
yes datalog's perfectly good. Only when I try to use wideband datalogging it crashes.

im using windows 8 on a gateway Ne 522 series laptop.

also this is the cable im using from staples:
http://www.staples.ca/en/Staples-USB...0_2-CA_1_20001

Im going to try loading ATR on to a buddy laptop this weekend that is using windows 7 and see if it works.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 01:21 PM

tried another laptop with windows 7 on it. Exact same issues as my laptop with windows 8. Crashes as soon as it tries to use the wideband feature. Wideband feature unselected and it logs regular ECU parameters no problem.

Also tried updating my V2 access port as it had been awhile since I had updated it. There was an update for it but non the less it didn't fix my problem and ATR still crashes.

Going to try another brand of cable If that doesn't fix it might have no choice but to source a tactrix cable then try open source/ecuflash. I really need to be able to log my AFR.

Last edited by doom26464; Feb 15, 2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:34 PM

I have the EXACT problem you are having too..

I have done everything you have done and all the steps to set it up from Cobb's instructions.
I use Windows Vista, and it everytime I connect my AEM wideband, and try logging it, it freezes ATR.

I still haven't found a solution to fix it. Right now, I'm logging through my rear O2 sensor to my AP, but the AFR difference is about 1.3.
I'm hoping Cobb can fix this equation or fix the serial logging for the AEM wideband soon, because as of right now, I'm getting E-tuned.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by K2_Evo

I have done everything you have done and all the steps to set it up from Cobb's instructions.
I use Windows Vista, and it everytime I connect my AEM wideband, and try logging it, it freezes ATR.

I still haven't found a solution to fix it. Right now, I'm logging through my rear O2 sensor to my AP, but the AFR difference is about 1.3.
I'm hoping Cobb can fix this equation or fix the serial logging for the AEM wideband soon, because as of right now, I'm getting E-tuned.
im glad to hear im not alone on this.

just for curiosity sake what brand of cable are you using?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by doom26464
im glad to hear im not alone on this.

just for curiosity sake what brand of cable are you using?
I'm using a cheap cable from eBay.

Like this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USB-to-RS232-...8cac5b1&_uhb=1
Old Feb 17, 2014, 08:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by K2_Evo

Is your wide band grounded to the orange wire that is in the same harness as the yellow wire you are feeding the WB signal into?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:52 PM

Is your wide band grounded to the orange wire that is in the same harness as the yellow wire you are feeding the WB signal into?
Yup, they are using the same ground found under the driver dash panel.

I did test the communication from my wideband to my laptop. The program I used was Hyperterminal, and it communicates perfectly.
It's only when I try to hook it up to AccessTuner Race, it freezes the program, and doesn't respond.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 06:06 PM

any update on this COBB?

I have a radio shack gigaware cable order up online should be here in a week or two. Hoping it works! fingers crossed!

k2 evo any luck with serial logging?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 08:00 AM

Nope, still no luck with logging serial.

Right now, I've just been logging through my rear O2 onto my AP. But it's still inaccurate.

I'm really hoping COBB can address this issue..

Quick Reply: can't log AFR via ATR(AEM EUGO) help plz!!