Notices

Cobb question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb question

Hey guys, I just bought a cobb AP and just got my first tune. I have an injen intake and it's currently mapped on 93 octane. Everything else is stock. I was speaking to cobb earlier and they said if I wanted to continue and go to stage 2 map I would need a turbo back exhaust. I wasn't sure if that was necessarily true or If I could just get a cat back. Reason being, I found a BNIB borla for 600$ shipped and that's a pretty good deal from what I've seen. Will I still need to buy the downpipe and test pipe to achieve the turbo back, or is it really unnecessary? If so, what brand of DP and TP do you guys recommend to go along with the borla? I live in Va so i still have to have a cat too. Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not really sure what you're asking? If your asking if an aftermarket catback is an aftermarket turbo back, then no. Turbo back requires test pipe and down pipe.

If you're just going to run a catback and intake, run Cobb Stage 1 map and adjust it to run with the Injen intake (there's a how to on the main website). All I know is Cobb recommends you run their test pipe and down pipe if your going run their OTS stage 2 map. If you're going to run any other brand, then that's entirely on you.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoXGSR10
Hey guys, I just bought a cobb AP and just got my first tune. I have an injen intake and it's currently mapped on 93 octane. Everything else is stock. I was speaking to cobb earlier and they said if I wanted to continue and go to stage 2 map I would need a turbo back exhaust. I wasn't sure if that was necessarily true or If I could just get a cat back. Reason being, I found a BNIB borla for 600$ shipped and that's a pretty good deal from what I've seen. Will I still need to buy the downpipe and test pipe to achieve the turbo back, or is it really unnecessary? If so, what brand of DP and TP do you guys recommend to go along with the borla? I live in Va so i still have to have a cat too. Thanks!
You really only want to run Stage 2 with a test pipe or HFC installed. Cat Back is also recommended. The DP portion of the turbo back on the stock turbo is not really needed.

Just run Stage 1 if you have an intake and cat back.

I just recently upgraded to Stage 2 and the power deliver feels much better.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 07:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As others have stated, if you are planning on running just the cat-back for now, you will want to stay on a Stage 1 map that has been modified for your injen intake. Once you go with a test pipe/HFC and downpipe, you will want to switch to a Stage 2 map.

-Eric