Notices

Cobb AP Target Vs Real Value - Intake and Exhaust Cam URGENT PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb AP Target Vs Real Value - Intake and Exhaust Cam URGENT PROBLEM

I recently got my car tuned and the tuner noticed that the exhaust intake and cam "actual values" were NOT lining up with what was inputted on their MIVEC Accesstuner tables. After careful logging through the AP, the exhaust and intake "target" values were not matching the values inside of Accesstuner MIVEC maps, which means that the AP has not control over the MIVEC. The logged "actual values" match and follow along the "target" values that the ECU seems to have programmed from the factory, not what the tuner has inputted in the tables. I have a 2015 GSR and my tuner recently tuned a 2015 Final Edition that exhibited the same issues. Has anyone else had this issue? Not being able to control the MIVEC is not good at all for many reasons, I have talked to another well known tuner in the area that has stared noticing the same issue on late model EVO X's, does anyone have any insight on this?

I have been patient with Cobb for almost month but they haven't told me that they think the problem is. The fact that this seems to be happening on multiple vehicles, leads to believe it might be a software issue somewhere?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Renzo! I believe we have been able to track down the cause of this issue and have sent the fix to be verified on your car. Thank you for your patience while our team worked through that, I know it was a bit frustrating there for a moment.

This is a bug that has been addressed and will be released into software with an upcoming update!

Marshall@COBB
Old Nov 28, 2017, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Hey Renzo! I believe we have been able to track down the cause of this issue and have sent the fix to be verified on your car. Thank you for your patience while our team worked through that, I know it was a bit frustrating there for a moment.

This is a bug that has been addressed and will be released into software with an upcoming update!

Marshall@COBB
Marshall, thank you very much, the tuner sent me the updated map to upload into the AP and so far so good, thank you!