Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's real if they are really going after the gtr and ****, it's going to be priced out of our range it appears
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stageup
it's real if they are really going after the gtr and ****, it's going to be priced out of our range it appears
Why go after the gtr though? It's not even a rally car which is where the evos roots are. I don't think 500 hp will be remotely close to what it turns out to be. They would kill their entire market by making a price that high.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
I wish this were real, but there's no way power output would go from 291 to 500. I look for about 350... MAYBE 375.
They're talking about MULTIPLE lancer trims below this new Hybrid... in 2012 they also made mention of some Jap high-ops deep inside Mitsubishi trying to move the Evo to a newer, slightly bigger car with a NEW name and more of a GT Tourer than an econobox 4 banger...

We have NO idea honestly what Mitsu is doing, but they're pushing this hybrid/electric agenda at full throttle now... Expect anything from a Lancer to a Lancer Hybrid to a 300hp Lancer Ralliart hybrid, to a more mature "Evo" with maybe even a different name and shtloads of power (aka, 500hp GT-R fighter).

I'd love it if they called it the new 3000GT lol
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket
They're talking about MULTIPLE lancer trims below this new Hybrid... in 2012 they also made mention of some Jap high-ops deep inside Mitsubishi trying to move the Evo to a newer, slightly bigger car with a NEW name and more of a GT Tourer than an econobox 4 banger...

We have NO idea honestly what Mitsu is doing, but they're pushing this hybrid/electric agenda at full throttle now... Expect anything from a Lancer to a Lancer Hybrid to a 300hp Lancer Ralliart hybrid, to a more mature "Evo" with maybe even a different name and shtloads of power (aka, 500hp GT-R fighter).

oh i'm excited to see what will come out next. I'm always doing searches and hoping that there will be some recent news. I like my WRX a lot, but I had to get rid of my X and I do regret it, but not enough to spend 30-35k on a 2014 before the new models come out HOPEFULLY soon.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 01:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jazket

I agree with jazket. I believe mits will bring back a monster of a 3000gt maybe even with a vr-4 variant, it will be the a GTR killer! However when it comes to the evo I think that it will deliver power similarly with more tq and be less of a rally car, more a cheap luxury sports sedan, unfortunately.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rip03tarmac
I agree with jazket. I believe mits will bring back a monster of a 3000gt maybe even with a vr-4 variant, it will be the a GTR killer! However when it comes to the evo I think that it will deliver power similarly with more tq and be less of a rally car, more a cheap luxury sports sedan, unfortunately.
500 hp is not going to be a GT-R killer
Old Jul 26, 2013, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

40mpg though is a notch beyond the GT-R in practicality without sacrificing fun.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

My guess is that there will be an FQ500 model, which (as history has proven) might not be available in the United States. Regardless, just by the nature of an electric drivetrain, 500 hp in an EVO would be more than enough to out accelerate the current GTR. In all likelihood, though, we won't be seeing that model. Probably a notch or two lower.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by acidtonic
40mpg though is a notch beyond the GT-R in practicality without sacrificing fun.
Yes, with that sort of mpg, that WOULD be the deal breaker for many people who might be on the fence about going GT-R vs. Evo.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
My guess is that there will be an FQ500 model, which (as history has proven) might not be available in the United States. Regardless, just by the nature of an electric drivetrain, 500 hp in an EVO would be more than enough to out accelerate the current GTR. In all likelihood, though, we won't be seeing that model. Probably a notch or two lower.
My interpretation of the "new evo" is that the 500hp will be the base or regular model, with the possibility of black Ed and nismo Ed equivalents (RS, RalliArt maybe).

I don't know a lot about the FQ series but my understanding is that they left Japan as a base evo and the adjustments were made in the UK by Mitsi or an associate of Mitsi.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

the GTR? this car was a 2010 model, this is the last year of this model. the talk is about about what will be out next year.

lets not forget that every article that is mentioning what little info is slowly leaking out points to the next NSX, Supra and GTR to be hybrids. mitsu will not be the only one making this transition.

it only makes sense that it will be FWD with electric motors running the rears instead of a driveshaft
Old Jul 27, 2013, 06:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If they can get the curb weight right it will be, provided this whole thing comes to fruition.

Last edited by rip03tarmac; Jul 27, 2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: grammer
Old Jul 28, 2013, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rip03tarmac
If they can get the curb weight right it will be, provided this whole thing comes to fruition.
He should have said "equivalent" and not "killer". If mistsubishi engineers put god himself to lead the engineering team, they will have a very poor probability of producing an Evolution XI that would be within visual following distance of a GT-R in a race. The probability of it being a competitor to a GT-R: 0/10.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by artinist
the GTR? this car was a 2010 model, this is the last year of this model. the talk is about about what will be out next year.

lets not forget that every article that is mentioning what little info is slowly leaking out points to the next NSX, Supra and GTR to be hybrids. mitsu will not be the only one making this transition.

it only makes sense that it will be FWD with electric motors running the rears instead of a driveshaft
They should do a longitudinally mounted engine with a lightweight torque tube powering a rear trans-axle. This would put some of that heavy transmission weight in the rear to balance the car better. Then they place the batteries symmetrically up against the torque tube tunnel to have low and centered mass. Then, to meet the AWD requirement and to help low speed acceleration they place two electric motors/regenerative braking units out front.

Done. 0-60 in low 3 second range and a good weight balance. The car will probably weigh very close to, if not over, 4,000 lbs though because carbon and advanced alloys cause material costs to sky rocket and I'm assuming Mistu wants the car to be affordable i.e. in the mid-$30's MSRP.

EDIT: They also need to ditch the ridiculous "TC-SST" and go to Volkswagen group to buy licensing/rights to use their double clutch gearbox architecture. If it's good enough for Veyrons, Lamborghini's and Audi RS models I'm pretty sure it's good enough for a mistubishi.

Last edited by redleg225; Jul 28, 2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

You make a whole lot of assumptions.

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.