Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

2nd WRX vs. EVO Shootout Result Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG, i have never seen a grown man whine so much.

I can't believe you didn't mention me on an internet forum about winning a race. Jesus christ GROW UP
Old Apr 17, 2005, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al.
Let me publicly say, Congrats on your win of the EVO/WRX class. Good job and you deserved it. You have a very strong running car. I appologize for omitting your win and did not mean anything negative towards you or anyone else. I would never intentionally be negative towards someone, especially a customer and if I have offended you in some way, I do appologize. About my snafu, it was indeed my own fault that I did not hear the announcement about the class. As I said before there was never a drivers meeting to explain how they wanted us to race. If there was an announcement made, I did not hear it. My fault. Once again I do appoligize for the omittion and Congrats.
Patrick Rubio
Old Apr 17, 2005, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs down

Al, You sound like a Lil girl who scraped her shin on the playground . GROW UP and act like a Man! It's all about fun,Geeez what a self righteous dork you are..
Old Apr 17, 2005, 03:12 PM

Al congrats on your win! Nice apology by the way Patrick.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 04:41 PM

Time for a "real" turbo Curt! Cant wait to see the new setup!
Old Apr 17, 2005, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I see that in the posts you have been making about this event - you mention AMS, Curt Brown (both who lost) and David Bschur who is a great guy. However - you dont mention the fact that I won the race. I always like it when I am ommited from reference as winning the event (sarcastic) - especially by someone who's parts I use (injectors and turbo). Maybe in my next magazine article I will ommit reference of your parts ?? I did not even get or ask for anything for free from you guys - I paid for it all. It bothers me to see a compnay who I have plug in my magzine articles skip over me when talking about an event that I won. A lot of hard work and sweat goes into this racing effort and its nice to revieve credit when you win. I can not believe that you would ask me to put your stickers on my car and then diss me by giving props to all the guys who lost the race.

I'll call Harry about this on Monday to see if this addiude about me is reflected in the rest of the comapny - which would be a great disappointment for me.

BTW - as for your complaint about the race - the announcer clearly said "IF YOU WIN YOUR ROUND IN ELIMINATIONS OR WRX vs. EVO COME RIGHT BACK TO THE STAGING LANES" Maybe you were not listening - BUT - that is what was said - CLEARLY - I heard it. I dont know why you would stop for your time slip - you could always get it at the end of the day. I dont think you should blame the track - it seems to me like your mistake.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RUQWKNF
Al.
Let me publicly say, Congrats on your win of the EVO/WRX class. Good job and you deserved it. You have a very strong running car. I appologize for omitting your win and did not mean anything negative towards you or anyone else. I would never intentionally be negative towards someone, especially a customer and if I have offended you in some way, I do appologize. About my snafu, it was indeed my own fault that I did not hear the announcement about the class. As I said before there was never a drivers meeting to explain how they wanted us to race. If there was an announcement made, I did not hear it. My fault. Once again I do appoligize for the omittion and Congrats.
Patrick Rubio
Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:28 AM

At the risk of starting a flame fest, I'll say this.. The event could have better organized.

Patrick may have missed the announcement because we waited quite awhile to get our timeslips.

I'm sure it will be better next year.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Curt Brown, he did it, he ran a 10.9@124MPH on the stock turno (NO Nos) absolutely amazing, congrats to him and no Supra, RX-7, VR4, 300ZX TT, or etc. can claim to have run 10s on the stock snail(s). Curt Brown made the EVO community (and their obsessive fan club) proud.
Actually this statement is false, my friend J.D. (John Duarte) ran 10.98 @ 121 on stock RX7's twins (True Stock Turbos, unlike Curt Brown who has modified the stock turbo, but it's not really and truly a stock turbo.)

Still a mighty nice achievement for Curt Brown cause he drives the car to the numbers
Old Apr 18, 2005, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

its too late you have dishonored al... now you will suffer.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTRMotorsports
Actually this statement is false, my friend J.D. (John Duarte) ran 10.98 @ 121 on stock RX7's twins (True Stock Turbos, unlike Curt Brown who has modified the stock turbo, but it's not really and truly a stock turbo.)

Still a mighty nice achievement for Curt Brown cause he drives the car to the numbers
turbo he is using is a stock evo turbo...he just doesn't have an 05...i don't see a difference. same exact car, dif hotside.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
turbo he is using is a stock evo turbo...he just doesn't have an 05...i don't see a difference. same exact car, dif hotside.
Well I know I've read in the past that his stock turbo was ported and clipped... but the closest I could find from Curt Brown's mouth was this

"Stock wastegate,stock trans, ported stock turbo, Tial BOV, and never used nitrous on any turbo car.."
Old Apr 18, 2005, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

gotcha. didn't know it was ported.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTRMotorsports

I'd also like to add that car was pretty much daily driven, and still is. (I used to own an FD, and my good friend owns a heavily modded one as well)
Old Apr 19, 2005, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I see that in the posts you have been making about this event - you mention AMS, Curt Brown (both who lost) and David Bschur who is a great guy. However - you dont mention the fact that I won the race. I always like it when I am ommited from reference as winning the event (sarcastic) - especially by someone who's parts I use (injectors and turbo). Maybe in my next magazine article I will ommit reference of your parts ?? I did not even get or ask for anything for free from you guys - I paid for it all. It bothers me to see a compnay who I have plug in my magzine articles skip over me when talking about an event that I won. A lot of hard work and sweat goes into this racing effort and its nice to revieve credit when you win. I can not believe that you would ask me to put your stickers on my car and then diss me by giving props to all the guys who lost the race.
Showing your true colors once again, Al. Classic....

Quick Reply: 2nd WRX vs. EVO Shootout Result Thread