Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

All the big turbo kits are out....Why no 1/4 mile times?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2005, 04:56 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah you need to rev to around 8500. Local evo passes at 130mph almost on the limiter which is right at 8500.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 08:49 PM

Good stuff.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JustDSM
That it is!
what engine management are you using??? (i'm in slc so i have alot of elevation here plus there are only me & one other guy with turbo kits to compare)

i have rnr 60trim kit with the standard manifold & on 25psi with a flash i run pretty consistant 12.2's @111. i'm kinda dissapointed with the performance so far.

i'm going to the dyno tomorrow (mustang awd) i will let you all know what #s i make.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Geo@EvoStore
I love this topic. I tried to talk about one customers achievements but it seemed nobody cared they all wanted dyno sheets when I posted something better. A timeslip
Geo,

This is funny i remember reading what you wrote. Everyone is more worried about dyno #'s than track times.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silverofs
what engine management are you using??? (i'm in slc so i have alot of elevation here plus there are only me & one other guy with turbo kits to compare)

i have rnr 60trim kit with the standard manifold & on 25psi with a flash i run pretty consistant 12.2's @111. i'm kinda dissapointed with the performance so far.

i'm going to the dyno tomorrow (mustang awd) i will let you all know what #s i make.
The mustang dyno reads low right? So just remember that before you go. You should be trapping higher. Good luck
Old Jun 13, 2005, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

yeah that doesn't seem right.....i trapped over 110 on the stock 03 turbo
Old Jun 13, 2005, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Where is SLC? How high of an elevation? What is your full list of mods? Your situation could be kind of similiar to Fre, who is running a GT35R kit, but did not have a lot of key supporting mods and I don't even think it was tuned at first. So he was running 12s@ just over 110MPH I believe. Then once he put on more supporting mods like an EMS and got his EVO tuned he ran a 11.6@121MPH. Of course he would be the best person to talk to about this.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Great topic....Still on the stocker, but looking for a good turbo. IMO I would be really disapointed to spend alot of money on a turbo and only be able to run low 12's. I am running low 12's now,if I spend a couple of bucks on a turbo, I want some results.

My question for you big turbo guys is how is the power in 5th Gear/ Highway situations? How do the cars drive? Big difference vs stock or not so much?
Old Jun 13, 2005, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NYREDEVO
Great topic....Still on the stocker, but looking for a good turbo. IMO I would be really disapointed to spend alot of money on a turbo and only be able to run low 12's. I am running low 12's now,if I spend a couple of bucks on a turbo, I want some results.

My question for you big turbo guys is how is the power in 5th Gear/ Highway situations? How do the cars drive? Big difference vs stock or not so much?
Great if u downshift to 4th. In other words big difference and a Geo Metro will ownz u if u don't downshift and get the Rpms up.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 05:19 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3000ways
Where is SLC? How high of an elevation? What is your full list of mods? Your situation could be kind of similiar to Fre, who is running a GT35R kit, but did not have a lot of key supporting mods and I don't even think it was tuned at first. So he was running 12s@ just over 110MPH I believe. Then once he put on more supporting mods like an EMS and got his EVO tuned he ran a 11.6@121MPH. Of course he would be the best person to talk to about this.
I don't have an EMS yet, only dynoflash and AFC. If I had an EMS I would be looking at low 11s easy. The difference was that I put 272 cams in and tuned it for higher boost (22 vs 27 psi). And before my cams and boost raise I was at 12.4 @ 116, which is good for a 12.0 easy, so some of my time was in driving improvements too.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 05:21 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IE Evo
Great if u downshift to 4th. In other words big difference and a Geo Metro will ownz u if u don't downshift and get the Rpms up.
Depends on what speed you start at. If I am already cruising at 75+mph 5th gear is a beast on race fuel. That 27 psi comes on pretty quickly (by 4300rpm) with all that load. On pump fuel it is still faster than most cars.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
slc utah i think its 3400ft or so
my mods are rnr turbo kit,3"tbe,272 cams,dynoflash/afc,aps fmic,helix upper ic piping,turboxs bov,780cc injectors,fuel pump,mbc
i went to the dyno today & on race gas @25psi
397hp 371tq
Old Jun 14, 2005, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

slc utah i think its 3400ft or so
my mods are rnr turbo kit,3"tbe,272 cams,dynoflash/afc,aps fmic,helix upper ic piping,turboxs bov,780cc injectors,fuel pump,mbc
i went to the dyno today & on race gas @25psi
397hp 371tq
Um interesting. The elevation doesn't help and if you were closer to sea level you'd definitly run 11s and dyno over 400WHP. Still even at high elevation your car is still making 397WHP and therefore should be running much faster. The power is there, it must be your driving
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

my tq falls off to 300 by redline so i think thats alot of the problem. the hp is nice and flat from 5k to 7200 so obviously i need something a little better to tune with in my opinion. see if i can't get a flatter tq curve
Old Jun 15, 2005, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

my tq falls off to 300 by redline so i think thats alot of the problem. the hp is nice and flat from 5k to 7200 so obviously i need something a little better to tune with in my opinion. see if i can't get a flatter tq curve
Is that time altitude corrected or not? What is your hp at redline hp is just a multiplication of TQ anyway.

Quick Reply: All the big turbo kits are out....Why no 1/4 mile times?