Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

AMS Midwest Mayhem UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2005, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Put it on your calender NOW. Your invitation is hereby granted. Look up my "Winged Warrior Speed Challenge"
May (mid) 2006 15th I believe, dont have calender in front of me!

Import vs Domestic Shoot-out at Indianapolis Raceway Park (IRP)
2+ mile road course (4 laps)
Night Drag race!

Limit 100 imports, and 100 Domestic cars. Also see post about the last one with pix we had May 7th at the local Airport. If this is a "cheap-plug" I am sorry, dont want the "field" filled up BEFORE you get a chance to enter! Donations ONLY for all there, proceeds go to Riley Hospital for Children! ALL PROCEEDS!, NOT A Percentage! go to my threads and see what all have said, was GREAT FUN! Sorry Eric and Martin for taking up space on your thread! You guys are great!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fimotorsports
I won the Evo Street Modified class, best I could do was 11.0 @ 126 was running into problems all day. Thanks to AMS for hosting the event and helping me out with last second problems. I had a good time, saw a lot of old friends from the area. It was nice to see AMS's beast out, along with John Shepherd's new setup. Anyone have video's?

Nice job Dan! Glad to see you in the Illinois area again. Did you ever end up getting that 2step worked out before the end of the day? I almost didn't make it home due to that tripple disk taking a crap.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Midwest Mayhem Results:

DSM mitsu Turbo

1st. Kevin Divito 99 GSX
2nd Ben Stoner 95 Eagle Talon
3rd Rick Mastro 92 eclipse GSX

DSM Street Modified

1st. Mike Puglisi 98 GSX
2nd Albert Raczynski 95 Talon
3rd Mike Johnson 90 gsx

EVO Stock Turbo

1st Micah Pangburn 03 EVO
2nd Juan Avila 04 EVO
3rd Ken Martin 03 EVO

EVO Street Modified

1st Dan Bajalis 03 EVO
2nd Garrett Parker 03 EVO
3rd Chris Hartman 03 EVO

SRT4 Stock Turbo

1st Blake Riley 02 SRT-4
2nd Jesse Abele 03 SRT-4
3rd Paul Gayton 04 SRT-4

SRT-4 Street Mod

1st Antonio Barbanente 04 SRT-4
2nd Ryan Lewis 04 SRT-4

Quick 16

1st Jeff Herrington 97 GST
2nd Mike Reichen 90 Talon AWD
3rd Kevin Kwiatkowski 1G FWD
Old Jul 6, 2005, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cosmo
Nice job Dan! Glad to see you in the Illinois area again. Did you ever end up getting that 2step worked out before the end of the day? I almost didn't make it home due to that tripple disk taking a crap.
still had some issues with it, but I need lighter rims and stickier tires... those stockers and all seasons aren't cutting it. Too bad about that clutch, I wanted to see you hit some good times with that setup, great idea!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 04:35 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cosmo
How the hell did you get a tripple disk to take a crap on you? I have abused this crap with over 100 7000+rpm launches and I only have the cerametallic version.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Midwest Mayhem Results:

EVO Stock Turbo

1st Micah Pangburn 03 EVO
2nd Juan Avila 04 EVO
3rd Ken Martin 03 EVO

EVO Street Modified

1st Dan Bajalis 03 EVO
2nd Garrett Parker 03 EVO
3rd Chris Hartman 03 EVO
Do you happend to know some of the times the EVOs were running? I know Dan Bajalis ran a 11.0@126MPH, what about other EVOs? Are they members here?
Old Jul 8, 2005, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Do you happend to know some of the times the EVOs were running? I know Dan Bajalis ran a 11.0@126MPH, what about other EVOs? Are they members here?

I'm Chris Hartman with the twin turbo evo 8, and the blown tripple disk.. 11.8 at 117mph with a blown clutch at 20lbs of boost. Know anyone who wants to buy a twin turbo kit? I'm putting on a big **** next week.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by fre
How the hell did you get a tripple disk to take a crap on you? I have abused this crap with over 100 7000+rpm launches and I only have the cerametallic version.

I'm testing out a brand new clutch for Quartermaster, and we think the pressureplate wasn't shimmed right the first time. So it made it seem like the carbon material ran out way too fast. This wasn't the case. I'm just waiting for the manufacture to send us a new pressure plate right now.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Well i guess I am glad I didnt get that clutch yet :P I was going to buy one of those and throw it in my car before i solved my shifting problem... that would have pissed me off to hell if I bought that one and broke it :P When did you put in the twin turbo deal? I thought you had a GT35R before when you ran the 10. I was actually going to come down to Chicago sometime and see if I could get Adam to help give me advice on tuning my POS.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

found out my Quartermaster disks were bent... that's probably the reason why I had to rev so high to keep from bogging. Best 60ft was 1.9
Old Jul 11, 2005, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
Well i guess I am glad I didnt get that clutch yet :P I was going to buy one of those and throw it in my car before i solved my shifting problem... that would have pissed me off to hell if I bought that one and broke it :P When did you put in the twin turbo deal? I thought you had a GT35R before when you ran the 10. I was actually going to come down to Chicago sometime and see if I could get Adam to help give me advice on tuning my POS.

Nah, The twin disks work great. I never had a problem with it. I'm talking about a carbon on carbon tripple disk. This was the first one they have ever made. They are cutting new floating plates now with thicker arms on the flowjet. It turned out that one of the floating plates cracked, along with the pressure plate not being able to engage completly. Quartermaster always Q/A's there equipment pretty well before selling it to the public.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Ahhh I see.

Cosmo this off topic but I was wondering what boost you were at when you ran the 10.8 and what your slip looked like (60' 1/8th mph etc...)

I am slowly starting to get used to racing a car with this big a turbo and am getting better and better at racing it but I am trying to figure out how good an ET I can expect at what power levels and what boost i will need to run.

I also knew you had the stock motor at the time... did it take the power just fine or would you recommend building it before i blow it? Also, I assume you didnt shift to fifth but what RPM does it take to get that high a trap in 4th?

I tried shifting to 5th for the fun of it and my mph dropped drastically.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 08:58 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
Ahhh I see.

Cosmo this off topic but I was wondering what boost you were at when you ran the 10.8 and what your slip looked like (60' 1/8th mph etc...)

I am slowly starting to get used to racing a car with this big a turbo and am getting better and better at racing it but I am trying to figure out how good an ET I can expect at what power levels and what boost i will need to run.

I also knew you had the stock motor at the time... did it take the power just fine or would you recommend building it before i blow it? Also, I assume you didnt shift to fifth but what RPM does it take to get that high a trap in 4th?

I tried shifting to 5th for the fun of it and my mph dropped drastically.
This is because you have to shift too close to the traps. I ran 28.5 psi with the current traps I am pushing and will be running 30 psi on my next trip to the track. It might just make me lose more traction and screw me up but I gotta try. A decent slip for me looks like so

60' 1.769
330' 4.981
1/8 7.566
mph 94.66
1000' 9.778
1/4 11.615
mph 123.06

So if you are hitting sub 5 second 330s you know your launch/1-2 shift is pretty good. If your 60' is decent (1.7 or better) and your still above 5 second on the 330 your 1-2 shift needs work. Try holding the throttle down half way while shifting and slip the clutch as you shift.

Last edited by fre; Jul 11, 2005 at 09:09 PM.