Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Evo VS WRX Shootout August 20, 2005 at Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2005, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys, i think it would also be wise to remove ur plates and cover ur vins, if what they say about insurance companies and mitsu spies. i'm sure that someone, somewhere will learn about this event and come out to take down ur info. just a word of caution, unless all that stuff is untrue.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

bump for next weekend
Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by JoizeeX
guys, i think it would also be wise to remove ur plates and cover ur vins, if what they say about insurance companies and mitsu spies. i'm sure that someone, somewhere will learn about this event and come out to take down ur info. just a word of caution, unless all that stuff is untrue.

thought they log your vin when you sign up..... they void subaru warrantys that were tracked also....
Old Aug 11, 2005, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might also want to come in disguise and paint your car with that invisible paint that the Air Force learned about from the Aliens at Area 51. Get a Grip!
Old Aug 11, 2005, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gestalt
You might also want to come in disguise and paint your car with that invisible paint that the Air Force learned about from the Aliens at Area 51. Get a Grip!
or i might use that new "invisible" cloth that's been developed and has a similar but not quiet as good of a look as the Predator. i watched a clip about it on discovery.

hey, local mitsu dealer has been good to me with warranty repairs so far, if someone already got their voided, that sux, but if they still have it, why risk it? some dealers do fix ur shiet if it's clearly not ur fault.
maybe the "spies" r just an urban myth, but whatever, just looking out for the guys who will be racing that weekend.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 07:56 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I already have 40k on my car so my warranty went out the window anyway. Plus with how many mods I have they would laugh at me if I tried to get it repaired under warranty. And to think they wanted me to buy the extended warranty lol.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 09:14 AM

or i might use that new "invisible" cloth that's been developed and has a similar but not quiet as good of a look as the Predator. i watched a clip about it on discovery.

hey, local mitsu dealer has been good to me with warranty repairs so far, if someone already got their voided, that sux, but if they still have it, why risk it? some dealers do fix ur shiet if it's clearly not ur fault.
maybe the "spies" r just an urban myth, but whatever, just looking out for the guys who will be racing that weekend.
not a myth about insurance companies, I know that.

I have had 2 people I know get their insurance canceled racing at the track with their tags displayed.

def
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

obviously Al will be there... TT plans to be there I heard, but what about the AMS car?
Old Aug 17, 2005, 08:28 AM

Tires that should be used for EVENT

evo vs wrx participants must run DOT approved threaded tires. ie BFG Drag Radials, Nitto 555, Falken Azenis, Toyo RA1.... EVO vs Wrx Car Show open to all evo and wrx attending the event but not racing or auto xing

It is Recommended that all participants and those who are attending get here EARLY!@!!
Old Aug 17, 2005, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Can you tell us are there any limitation on what tires to use for autox? I heard that honda day was a mess since you said you can run DOT tires but not allow to run Hoosiers and Kuhmo R tires ( which are DOT), but then again in your post here it said you are allow to run RA1 which is a R compound tires. So whats the deal?
Old Aug 17, 2005, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by kevo
Can you tell us are there any limitation on what tires to use for autox? I heard that honda day was a mess since you said you can run DOT tires but not allow to run Hoosiers and Kuhmo R tires ( which are DOT), but then again in your post here it said you are allow to run RA1 which is a R compound tires. So whats the deal?
Please see the Thread on Top of yours...

Thank you
Old Aug 17, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

So R compounds are allowed as long as its D.O.T. Just want to make sure. I don't want to bring my R tires there and end up having to run my all season because its illegal to run the R compounds.

Last edited by kevo; Aug 17, 2005 at 06:02 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

IS there going to be a heads up Any Mitsu vs Any Subaru class again this year?

Id like to bring my 1g talon out to race if possible.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 07:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Bring that sh*t out Nate, I'll roll that thing up like a can of sardines!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by DSMotorsport
IS there going to be a heads up Any Mitsu vs Any Subaru class again this year?

Id like to bring my 1g talon out to race if possible.
Sorry to say there will not be a Mitsu vs. Subaru Class..There were not that many participants in it last year..Maybe Next year

Quick Reply: Evo VS WRX Shootout August 20, 2005 at Raceway Park