Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

GTKage's EVO IX updated times

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wanted to ask, would Evo IX's with the 5 speed eventually have to shift into 5th after a cretain whp since they are already almost bouncing of the rev limiter due to the shorter gear ratios? Would it mean that 03-05 would be capable of trapping higher due to the longer gearing?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
wanted to ask, would Evo IX's with the 5 speed eventually have to shift into 5th after a cretain whp since they are already almost bouncing of the rev limiter due to the shorter gear ratios? Would it mean that 03-05 would be capable of trapping higher due to the longer gearing?
1-4 on the evo IX's 5 speed and 6 speed are indentical

03-05 5 speed is better for drag racing
the Evo IX trans is best suited for road racing IMO.

it s is possible to run 11.9 with the 4th gear with the IX's but anything faster u ll have to shift into 5th, and in that case the IX MR is better off because that gear is shorter than the 5speed's 5th gear, therefor giving it better acceleration.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTKage
1-4 on the evo IX's 5 speed and 6 speed are indentical

03-05 5 speed is better for drag racing
the Evo IX trans is best suited for road racing IMO.

it s is possible to run 11.9 with the 4th gear with the IX's but anything faster u ll have to shift into 5th, and in that case the IX MR is better off because that gear is shorter than the 5speed's 5th gear, therefor giving it better acceleration.
So on the IX's 5 speed it will be a disadvantage bc shifting into 5th will result in a slower 1/4 mile time and a lower trap speed, am i correct?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

So on the IX's 5 speed it will be a disadvantage bc shifting into 5th will result in a slower 1/4 mile time and a lower trap speed, am i correct?
it all depends on the power really, but shifting into 5th will make u lose time.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, IXs will be at the same disadvantage as MRs.

Kage, your personal preference is fine - I wasn't talking about that. I just didn't want people to think what Scott says was true for every tuner. Al spend a ton of time learning how NOT to fry the ECU with Techtom before he started providing the service to customers. If people would rather pay the $650 minimum for the EcuTek license, then that's their prerogative. Maybe you can go as fast with your EcuTek as I did without any flash on my VIII.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Dont forget that any IX's trapping 11.9 or better in 4th will be at about 8K rpm.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:37 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Techtom is not unreliable in Al's hands, and he is not frying ECUs.
I want to point out that this post alone from Warrelton has brought Al into this thread , not us. No where was he mentioned. Thanks for slinging the mud.

My source of info is reliable that the techtom equipment for IX's have rendered a many IX ECU's useless. The cost for a replacement ECU is in the realm of $865 from the dealer.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yes, IXs will be at the same disadvantage as MRs.

Kage, your personal preference is fine - I wasn't talking about that. I just didn't want people to think what Scott says was true for every tuner. Al spend a ton of time learning how NOT to fry the ECU with Techtom before he started providing the service to customers. If people would rather pay the $650 minimum for the EcuTek license, then that's their prerogative. Maybe you can go as fast with your EcuTek as I did without any flash on my VIII.
my goal is to run faster than u
but we ll see.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

but we ll see.
when you going to the track again?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

when you going to the track again?
i might go tonight if scott is going. but i dont know if i ll run.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:55 AM
Account Disabled

but we ll see.
****, I'll pay Kage $20 to take a pass just to beat warrelton. Then we can start selling GTKage packages for 11.8's and 100 octane.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
****, I'll pay Kage $20 to take a pass just to beat warrelton. Then we can start selling GTKage packages for 11.8's and 100 octane.

i might go tonight if scott is going. but i dont know if i ll run.
I might go and run tonight, i havent had any boost creep the last 2 days so hopefully it will stay that way and i can run
Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:16 AM

LOL Scott i'll take up on that as well I'll probably be down there with kage if he goes tonight.

Jay

Last edited by falcon2081; Mar 10, 2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

I want to point out that this post alone from Warrelton has brought Al into this thread , not us. No where was he mentioned. Thanks for slinging the mud.

My source of info is reliable that the techtom equipment for IX's have rendered a many IX ECU's useless. The cost for a replacement ECU is in the realm of $865 from the dealer.
I didn't sling any mud. You said Techtom was unreliable, and it's not. You said it is frying ECUs, and it is not. Your "source" of info is more reliable than someone who is doing it on a daily basis without issue? Al has not fried a customer's ECU yet, because he did enough testing to learn how NOT to fry it.

It doesn't matter if you mentioned Al or not, because I didn't even say that you were talking about Al. I said that when Al uses Techtom for his IX flashes, it is not unreliable and that he doesn't fry ECUs. That is all.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

but we ll see.
Shouldn't be too hard with a car that has more power as long as you can drive decently.

Quick Reply: GTKage's EVO IX updated times